To drain or not to drain for Nitrates

I've been adding 4 182 oz big bottles of 6% bleach each day and testing over nite Chlorine loss for a week now.No telling How much I added before that plus I keep 4-3' pucks in the floater.At nite its around 22ppm,in the morning about 17ppm(give or take a few).Every nite I loose right at 5ppm and show CC of 1.No change!Water still milky blue bout 6in vis.

Could mustard algae be the culprit even after all the chlorine i've added?Could the powdery white substance in places on the bottom be dead/dieing mustard algae?I've had a problem with it in the past but i'm having a hard time believing that there is anything "alive"in this pool.

HOLY @!$&!
Every day I've been putting in 4 182oz bottles of 6% and every evening at dark my chlorine is right at 22ppm.
Today I decided to double it.
Today I put in 8 big bottles of 6%.
Guess what my chlorine was at at dark......GUESS!...........22ppm.........same as usual! :shock: WHAT DA HE**!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
22 yesterday eve at dark,17 at sunrise and now at 3:00 its at 10 :(
This has been going on for at least a week.
I don't think it's debris or algae sucking up all the FC.Im not getting anything in the leaf net.
Maybe its like Chemgeek's ammonia problem?

I know this is an older post, but I had the same problem here at the beginning of the season. White cloudy debris sucking up the bleach that I kept adding. ~5600 gal pool.

To clear the bottom of my pool, I rigged my vacuum so the pole wouldn't fall into the pool, set the head vertically in the center of the pool, and let it suck the heavier solids off the bottom more and more. When I had an inground pool, problems like this were nearly unheard of because of the floor drain. In my case the solids were too heavy to make it up to either skimmer but sucking them from the floor got them into the filters....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.