Sgalloway99

Jun 30, 2021
Fort Worth TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m going on summer number three of this pool and I’ve never drink any water. I have followed the TFP method really as best. I can utilizing liquid chlorine mostly and some tablets here and there. I have a crystal clear pool, always have an outside of a little efflorescence on the Rockwall, about 6 inches long, and the thickness of the end of a pencil lead - I really not had any issues. I admit, I have never really tested for dissolved solids or anything other than what is listed on the app for common testing. I think my general question is, does there come appointment time where I should take some water out and put fresh water in even if my numbers are good which I recognize I need to post a current set or is this something I can roll with original water until I mess something up.

The short answer is no. There is no reason to drain perfectly good water.

If your CH gets into the 600-800 range then it may be time to drain and reduce it.

Fort Worth averages 37 inches of annual rainfall so even with mixing and evaporation, your water is likely never 'older' than 2 or 3 years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.