To cover or not to cover

Aug 8, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Do you cover your pool every winter? We live in NC and this is our second year owning an above ground pool. We did cover it last year. However, our neighbor owns a pool cleaning company and he never covers his. I've seen others that are not covered too. Thoughts?

Do you cover your pool every winter? We live in NC and this is our second year owning an above ground pool. We did cover it last year. However, our neighbor owns a pool cleaning company and he never covers his. I've seen others that are not covered too. Thoughts?

Yes I cover basically from Oct-May to keep debris from my neighbors tree (falling leaves in the fall and pollen in the spring) from entering my pool.

We cover for the same reason: to keep the debris out. It was a pain this year removing the cover early and having to fish out all the stuff that landed on the bottom. I know others do it, but I won't do it again. :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.