Sparkmaster

In The Industry
Aug 2, 2008
Conway SC
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Seeing my pump has a good leak, and running hot immediately with no sun on it, I want to replace it ASAP. I see lots of brands that are cheaper than Hayward like extreme I believe which are quite cheaper.. I don't want a cheap unit to fail in the near future but if anyone could give me some input if I should stay clear of them and stay with Hayward.. Thanks in advance.. Oh yeah, should my new purchase be a 2 speed also?

Your new purchase should be a Variable Speed. Single and Two speed motors are now illegal in the USA. Vendors can clear inventory, but then that is it. See Pump DOE Regulations - Further Reading

Some folks have purchased the Calimar VS pump. No issues so far. The same pump is badged under various retail names.

Reactions: Sparkmaster
Your new purchase should be a Variable Speed. Single and Two speed motors are now illegal in the USA. Vendors can clear inventory, but then that is it. See Pump DOE Regulations - Further Reading

Some folks have purchased the Calimar VS pump. No issues so far. The same pump is badged under various retail names.
Thanks . Nice info there. "Illegal" though bit much as (if I'm reading it right), I could purchase as long as it's in stock, even in the future. Until stock is depleted. Again thanks. Will be looking at VS now.

Thanks . Nice info there. "Illegal" though bit much as (if I'm reading it right), I could purchase as long as it's in stock, even in the future. Until stock is depleted. Again thanks. Will be looking at VS now.
Pumps that used to have a sticker on the box saying, "This pump is not legal for sale or use in the State of California" have been replaced with ones that say "This pump is not legal for sale or use in the US." Doesn't mean they are not being installed because, so far, it is a law with no "teeth." I see the empty boxes at some of my suppliers.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.