Time to heat up spa

I think that it's probably low flow. I would start with a clean filter and properly configured valves. I know that I keep bringing it up, but I don't think that the valves are set correctly. What speed is the pump set to?

Did you fix or replace the hot tub handle and turn it the correct direction. Just from the pic you can see it is not only broke, but turned the wrong way. Sure your past that by now..
I would call a completely different pool guy, have them come out if you are still having trouble. Start fresh... Don't tell him someone else was there... Not everyone is a scam artist, but some are in business to ALWAYS sell a new unit... You should or could try replacing some of the main parts from sites online. Spend the 400 - 800 to do such...

You can purchase CLEAR inline check valves and or maybe sightglass pipe so you can see flow...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you fix or replace the hot tub handle and turn it the correct direction. Just from the pic you can see it is not only broke, but turned the wrong way. Sure your past that by now...

Thanks! Turning that specific valve to any position seemed to make zero difference with the heater performance, or lack thereof. It's obviously adjusting flow somewhere, but flow through the heater appears unaffected by that valve.

Along with fixing this **** thing, I need a pretty thorough tutorial on what valves so what. Haha

I pulled off the heater manifold today. No obstructions in the exchanger, but the thermostat was rusted solid. I put it back together without, just to try it, and NO difference.

Also, out of curiosity, I pulled the cartridge filter elements and fired it up just to see how much they were affecting the high pressure, and it made NO DIFFERENCE. The gauge drops to zero when off, so I think it's working right.

Where can this restriction be coming from? The heater works. It shuts down, but afterward, water from the relief valve is hot, BUT, the return PVC line from the heater is cold to the touch.

I am SO confused! :'(

I can get you any pics you think would help. Tomorrow AM I'll try to take specifics of all the valves etc. and post them.

Thanks for the vote of encouragement, but I feel incredibly dumb with all of this. I'm generally pretty mechanically inclined, but this has me downright lost, and it's SO frustrating. Especially when I pay a guy to help me, and his answer is simply that I need a new heater. He's full of ****.

Pictures of the pool and spa would help. Also, pictures of the valves from various angles would help. What is the pump speed set to? Can you feel suction or return water anywhere?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.