Time for a deep clean?

foxbody

Jun 3, 2021
Beverly, MA
Our Hayward sand pump is 2 years old now and I have not performed a deep clean. Pool has been open about a month this year and I noticed increased pressures. Yesterday after a kids party the water turned a little cloudy and there was almost no water movement from the jet in the pool. I performed a quick backwash, waste, and rinse that wasn't effective.
I ran a second waste and backwash that brought the pressures down into the "green" zone.
I then reset the pump to run another 12 hours overnight.
Pressures are up again so I did another waste, backwash, rinse.

If the pressures rise again, is the next step to isolate the pump and perform a deep clean? I just watched those videos but they indicate it should be done at pool opening and I dropped the ball.

Thanks

You likely have algae. Your filter is getting clogged. Your FC got too low (logs). You need to always follow this. Link-->FC/CYA Levels

I would get 5ppm of liquid chlorine in NOW. Stop the growth of the algae.

Do not add anything else. Do this test tonight. Link-->Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

If you fail, then start a SLAM. Link-->SLAM Process

Reactions: foxbody
You likely have algae. Your filter is getting clogged. Your FC got too low (logs). You need to always follow this. Link-->FC/CYA Levels

I would get 5ppm of liquid chlorine in NOW. Stop the growth of the algae.

Do not add anything else. Do this test tonight. Link-->Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

If you fail, then start a SLAM. Link-->SLAM Process
Thanks. It was the first time I got low on my FC. Added recommended amount immediately after the test and a little extra today after the party. Pressures are back down now. Will continue to follow your advice as best as possible (kids, sports, life, etc). This is a great lesson learned to not allow my chlorine to get low and to test more frequently!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.