Tile Line scum/white lines: buy a descaler like Beautec?

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
All,

You can see the pool I have in my sig, and since creation of my pool, I have followed trouble free pool and the TF test kit. It has been the most ridiculously EASY and CHEAP maintenance. I never expected it to be this simple.

My only issue is that I have this white line, tile line scum that forms up (even on the stone) especially in the spa.

I really don't want to sit out there and scrub every inch of tile. I found this product called Beautec.

Do you recommend this? Is there a better product out there? Also, if there is a product to remove efflorescence white buildup, I would thank you forever, such a pain in the butt to deal with

Thank you!

The use of Beautec, or any other scale removing product has mixed reviews. Most will probably say don't waste your money. Instead, you'll commonly hear to monitor your Calcite Saturation Index (CSI) as seen on the PoolMath. Often times simply by keeping the CSI on the slightly negative side of that CSI scale, you avoid such calium scale build-up around the water line. You could try elevating the water level above that line for a while, at the same time keeping the CSI low, but it could take a while. Manually removing might be your better option. Maybe try some water/acid mix in a 4/1 ratio, spray and brush. Might work well if it's in the early stages.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.