North Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My 14 year old Tiger Shark has finally died...rest easy my friend. It did very well for so long, even as an "old" cleaner. Climbed walls, cleaned waterline, didn't get stuck on floor drains, sucked up eveything it should. I used it in 3 different pools over it's lifetime. Only had to replace the tracks once, some years ago. So, I am looking for recommendations for a worthy replacement. Needs to do all the things my TS did. Don't need a lot of bells and whistles, don't need wi-fi or programming (but if a good replacement comes with those things then I don't mind). I don't even particularly care how fast it cleans since all I do is restart it if it missed some spots. I would often run my TS on a 5 hour cycle, just 'cause. Any input will be appreciated. Would like to hear from folks that have at least a couple/few seasons on their cleaner in order to get a feel for reliability. Cheers and thanks in advance.

If I had a robot that lasted 14 years I'd be tempted to simply buy another... assuming the manufacturer has not value engineered away the quality over the years.

I had a Maytronics Dolphin S300i that recently died after 4.5 years. From what I've read, that's about average. I am also in the market for a replacement.

Seeing how 15 years ago I was often saying 'they don't make XYX like they used to', I would have never guessed, in a million years, that I'd be saying it now about then. :roll:

People seem to be getting 2 or 3 years out of robots these days. Nobody is reporting anything about the new Polaris's. I wonder if the $1800 price tag has anything to do with it.

Reactions: Sam337
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.