Throwing my hands up.

Spaggs

Jan 29, 2024
North Georgia
I have given up on my Polaris 360. I was able to get the pressure up by replacing one of the connections, but still unable to get the reverse blower to work in order back out of a corner.
What is the best no-nonsense pool cleaner on the market. Our pool is about 22,000 gallons and is shaped somewhat like a figure 8.
Thanks.

Many of us here have and like the S200.

We have no affiliation, but Marina P&S is really good to deal with...good prices and service. The best part is they are brick and mortar, you get the full warranty.

Call them, explain your pool and they will make a very informed recommendation.

Reactions: Newdude
They talked my IRL buddy out of the more expensive model when they had both available. Then Margaret did it to me too. Seriously WHO does that ?

My buddy got a dud from the factory and the lesser model was no longer upgraded so they sent him the better model for free a week later. He was happily lost that week of use.

There's countless happy experiences with them here from real live members, not Amazon bots possibly even reviewing a different model on top of the bogus reviews.

Robot cleaners are nice....they do a great job and I use one myself. But the thought of replacing it when it conks out makes me sick. Your pool is already set up for a pressure cleaner...consider another pressure cleaner...repair parts for major brands are available compared to hard to find parts for a robot....robots are becoming throw away units when they fail. It depends on your budget and your willingness to maintain or replace when it fails.

Have you replaced the reversing valve on the 360? Have you verified it works at all? Cleaners of any sort require maintenance, there's no way around that.

Robots aren't the end-all be-all and given the number of folks here who have had very expensive lessons on robots and gone back to pressure/suction side cleaners, I'll pass. They move closer and closer to non-reparability with every generation and replacement parts are either unavailable or equal the cost of a new unit. Obviously there are always exceptions and some people have had great luck, but as long as your booster pump is functioning normally, I would attempt to fix the Polaris before dumping a grand on a robot of dubious longevity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.