Through Wall Skimmer on Rectangular Intex Ultra Frame UPDATE

Re: Through Wall Skimmer on Rectangular Intex Ultra Frame UP

Oh thank you! Before I was a member of this site, I saw that chart link but it said I was unable to access (guess not being a member!) and then I forgot about it. Thanks!

OMG I didn't know I could do this...Due to the angle of the walls... I've just bought the exact same pool ready for next summer, and I've been wondering about a through the wall skimmer for it... You've empowered me to do it this year.... Thank you so much... :)

I know i'm late to the party here, but hoping someone can answer my question. I have a 21ft Intex pool, so its not the same PVC side material as the bigger pools, but has anyone cut a hole for the in-wall skimmer on that model? The material seems pretty thick, and with the gasket and screws, would it "hold water" We are getting a ton of surface debris, and this would help.. I have 2 pumps (1 from last years pool that popped) so i was thinking of using 1 for the pump for the inwall, with the outlet being a rainfall type return to the pool, and the other would stay as designed with the inlet \ outlet... any thoughts?

Hi there dbryant8, :) Welcome to TFP.... Do you have one of the blue intex pools?

yes, its the 12ft metal frame type. We have had the 10ft metal frame, and the 10ft blow up ring kind, but have always had a ton of debris on the surface. this year i bought a cover, but still have a lot of debris floating... will the in-wall skimmer work with this type of pool? thank you so much for the help :)

Yes it will... I'm sure I've seen people on here with the blue Intex pools with thru the wall skimmers... Hopefully someone will chime in, but I don't think there's too much difference between the blue and the grey pools, I've only ever owned rectangle pools... :)

Hi everyone,

The thru the wall skimmer will work on the blue meta frame pool,i installed it a year ago on my pool and it worked perfectly.
I read that the gray liner is a little thicker then the blue ones but it will definitely work with the blue liner

We are near Bay City Michigan and just set up an 9'x18'x52" rectangular pool. We too had to level the yard and use a bed of sand, contained in landscape timers, with a tarp on top. I hate the way the tarp looks, and was thrilled to see mulch around yours. Showed my hubby and he is concerned about what to do about the mulch over winter, and if it presents a problem in the spring when you set the pool back up. Or don't you take yours down for winter?

Here's a pic of our pool. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/80570-Through-Wall-Skimmer-on-Rectangular-Intex

Right now there is water laying on the tarp from a recent rain. Definitely need some drain holes.

Any info or suggestions you can provide will be most appreciated!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Through Wall Skimmer on Rectangular Intex Ultra Frame UP

Great info center...newbie to the forum, but wanted to get some feedback. I am going to set up an Intex 12x24 rectangular pool and was looking into installing the through wall skimmer during setup. My question is, what size skimmer are you guys using? I noticed that Hayward makes a standard mouth and a wide mouth through wall skimmer. Is anyone using the wide mouth skimmer for the larger pools? I have not decided yet, but thought I may have to use two standard skimmers for this pool size. Any suggestions for this pool size and application would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.