Selenap

May 28, 2021
Waynesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thrips, no see ums. Whatever you want to call them are the bane of my life. Closely followed by pollen, sweat bees and carpenter ants. Borates don’t seem to do much. It’s those little orange specks you see. Or don’t see. They bite, they love the colors white and yellow. I can’t get rid of them. I can only get into the pool if it’s windy or cold until July. Nothing. NOTHING stops these evil critters from invading my pool. I swear they land on the pollen collecting and ride it like boats.

Attachments

• C29C707E-11A4-4963-B7E8-AAB28B65C5F1.jpeg
    C29C707E-11A4-4963-B7E8-AAB28B65C5F1.jpeg
    627.7 KB · Views: 15
What size is your pool? Please fill out your signature -- see ours for an example.

Some Dawn dishwashing liquid put in the pool may work. Others use it for bugs. Amount depends on surface area of the pool. Start with a 1/4 cup if an above ground pool.

What size is your pool? Please fill out your signature -- see ours for an example.

Some Dawn dishwashing liquid put in the pool may work. Others use it for bugs. Amount depends on surface area of the pool. Start with a 1/4 cup if an above ground pool.
I’ve filled out the signature 3 times now and saved it. Idk why it keeps disappearing. I should clarify it’s not so much they are in the water but creeping on everything around the water, including my hair. Nothing stops them. I’m really just complaining.

They are the proof that there is a Satan. Lol

Here in West Texas we get them bad from May-Juneish... they disappear once we start creeping up into the 90's and we get dry. They are tied to moisture here. If we are dry all early summer they are not bad. But, we've had a really wet early summer and they are BAD.

I hate them more than mosquitos or chiggers- I can fight them. I honestly haven't found a way to combat the no-seems. Wind is your friend.

They sure love a scalp.

My wife uses peppermint oil on the kids. she rubs it into their hair and skin before they go play outside. Not sure you want a bunch of peppermint oil in the pool though. I guess if your not dunking your head... you can put some peppermint oil in your hair while your relaxing enjoying a beverage in the pool.

Reactions: Selenap
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.