Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hello people of the interwebs!

I have a Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 LED light that was installed way back in 2012 when we built our pool. It is beginning to die - it turns on, but doesn't change colours, and often turns off (or goes very dim) after just a few minutes. No breakers trip or anything though.
I have the DuraNiche SP0600U, so is nice and deep.

Option 1
The pool company suggests replacing with a Jandy equivalent like the WaterColors (Jandy WaterColors LED Pool Light 120 Volt 100 ft cord Stainless Steel (CPHVRGBWS100) - CPHVLEDS100 - INYOPools.com), which they tell me will cost $1,969.33 +tax +labor for a total of $2,431.80.
This seems steep, given the unit cost online seems to be in the region of $870.

Option 2
A direct replacement for the light I have is Hayward W3SP0527SLED100, (which is at InyoPools for $899)

Option 3
There is the J&J Electronics ColorSplash XG-W Series Color LED Pool Light (which is $757 at Pool Supply Unlimited)
The lens on this is only 6" vs the 7" of the Hayward I have currently, but I'm not sure that's really a significant difference given the LED matrix is smaller than the lens in any case.

I'm interested if anyone has any experiences with any of the above (especially J&J), or indeed other options that I have not considered.

Many thanks, happy swimming!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.