Thought I had it beat…

Krally

Aug 6, 2021
Northern Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
So I posted on here last week about a sudden appearance of what I assume is algae, and cloudy water. After using the SLAM method for what took about 4 days, my pool was spotless, drop of less than 1ppm overnight. I had been scrubbing, vacuuming, cleaning filter and maintaining chlorine levels throughout. We’ll after allowing the pool to drop back down to normal levels, one day later, and it’s back. Any ideas? 10,000 gallon vinyl pool with heater.

So I posted on here last week about a sudden appearance of what I assume is algae, and cloudy water. After using the SLAM method for what took about 4 days, my pool was spotless, drop of less than 1ppm overnight. I had been scrubbing, vacuuming, cleaning filter and maintaining chlorine levels throughout. We’ll after allowing the pool to drop back down to normal levels, one day later, and it’s back. Any ideas? 10,000 gallon vinyl pool with heater.
Sounds like you may have ended the SLAM too early. Perhaps there is some hidden algae somewhere (stairs, lights, skimmers, drains, etc. can be common algae hiding places that take some work to get to.). Regardless, if you have green back its time to restart the SLAM.

Are those tests from your kit?

Always round up your CYA result and dose chlorine according to the FC/CYA chart. Yours
is 50 and not sure how you could read 43? Also, keep your chlorine close to the higher end
so you have wiggle room if it drops. Most of us run it hot!

Algae is sneaky
Autofill, ladder, drain covers, skimmers, weir doors, covers, pool equipment, vacuum ports, light fixtures, water features etc

Even pull and clean the filter…

Sorry for your trouble!! You’ll get this!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.