this may sound funny, but...

zudyra2u.jpg
a6amypeg.jpg

Diggin pretty much done, I needed to hand dig some of the deep end because my measurements were off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok that is actually ironic that you say that. it is only 8 feet, but my wife was alarmed at the degree of slope from shallow to deep. we ordered the standard, however like I explained to her in order to have an 8 foot depth and comply with diving safety restrictions the slope had to be that way. not a very happy dinner conversation.
after a couple of beers everything is copasetic ...lol

had electrical inspector out today, he was extremely impressed with my knowledge of equipotential bonding concepts and how I had the pool bonding laid out to this point, thanks to many TFP members!
however, he brought up putting a plate in the skimmer, I now know it is called bondsafe. I hadn't read anything about this in all searches and even when I was reading the NEC code.

any one use this, or is there some other point in the bonding grid that would take it's place (by being in direct contact with the water?) i.e. pump, SWG, etc?

he didn't seem to think the pump qualified. he didn't seem to know much about the SWG. also it wants all the aluminum coping bonded....:oops:
maybe I didn't know as much as I thought

Our PB inserted a PVC fitting that had the bonding element screwed into it at the equipment pad to satisfy the water bonding requirement which we failed the first time. Our electrician had not done much work in our county before. Simple fix it seems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
any one use this, or is there some other point in the bonding grid that would take it's place (by being in direct contact with the water?) i.e. pump, SWG, etc?

he didn't seem to think the pump qualified. he didn't seem to know much about the SWG. also it wants all the aluminum coping bonded....:oops:
maybe I didn't know as much as I thought

I bonded the ladder cups, ladder is in contact with water and satisfied this requirement.

So basically I ran bond wire around pool, connected at several locations around pool connected to walls (steel walls), connected at ladder, connected at light niche, connected at pump.

Yeah I spoke with the inspector yesterday. I brought up ladder and he thought that was acceptable
I'm not sure that he does a lot of pool inspections
But he was fair and was not afraid to discuss things.
How's the landscaping coming along. I read a little bit of your other thread

a3unetu4.jpg
y9yzaga9.jpg
a7uqu3ej.jpg
3y5y7u6y.jpg

So after electrical inspection I got busy putting in the vermiculite. I had two guys helping me with the mixer down the hopper and we were able to do the three sloped walls in about three hours. I finished the rest pretty much by myself over the next few days. Unfortunately I didn't get it as smooth as I wanted with the trough(? ).
So I figured out that a grinder with 30 grit sandpaper works pretty well to smooth things out. But makes a huge mess. So three long days over memorial day and my wife and I were able to sand and vacuum all the vermiculite to a fairly smooth finish. Very very little fun in that weekend:)

e4a7ybyq.jpg
e4ugaqag.jpg

Overall it came out pretty good after we were done.
Put the liner in on Tuesday night. That seemed to go pretty well. Used 50# sandbags in the shallow area at the step the two corners and the break. That made it really easy to pull the liner to the deep end and put the corners in.

ze2ame6e.jpg
hubeqezy.jpg

Used a shop vac to get everything down pretty tight removed all the wrinkles from the shallow end.
Only have a couple wrinkles in the deep end corners but I think they will disappear as the water fills up

LOL, literally finished the liner about 20 minutes before a deluge!! it is certainly helping! never wanted rain so bad. i spoke with the company that put our water softener in and he said i could run softener about 1.5 hours a day then manually recharge the system. i think we will take our time this way rather than $900 to fill with trucks. i figure that $900 should just about cover beer expenses for first party to thanks friends for helping ;)

We trucked in water for ours, as the iron from the well is a pain to deal with. $1200 for the water and what am I having to do today......drain it down a few inches once again. :( LoL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.