Jul 29, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,
I've been thinking about upgrading from my single speed SP3220EE TriStar to the 950 Omni to save a bit of electricity and get some basic automation and had a few questions before pulling the trigger and doing a self install:
  1. It looks like it wouldn't require any plumbing changes for the pump mounting, am I right in that? It would make life really easy if yes. It looks like the positions are the same but I'm unsure about the threads
  2. My existing pump works just fine, is there any value in trying to sell it and what would be a reasonable ask with just a bit of surface rust but otherwise working fine. It's about 7 years old at this point.
  3. It only comes with 1 smart relay but I have 2 transformers currently (one for pool one for spa), if I didn't care about controlling them separately in the short term could I just wire both to the same relay?
Thanks!

1. It looks like it wouldn't require any plumbing changes for the pump mounting, am I right in that? It would make life really easy if yes. It looks like the positions are the same but I'm unsure about the threads

It looks close but not a perfect fit. Being .04 off may not be a problem and the pipes may flex enough to fit.

1704253135040.png

1704253081331.png

Unions should be the same.

Let's see what @1poolman1 says.

1. My existing pump works just fine, is there any value in trying to sell it and what would be a reasonable ask with just a bit of surface rust but otherwise working fine. It's about 7 years old at this point.

Maybe $50 to someone local.

1. It only comes with 1 smart relay but I have 2 transformers currently (one for pool one for spa), if I didn't care about controlling them separately in the short term could I just wire both to the same relay?

What do those transformers for your pool and spa do?

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, I got pulled into a bunch of stuff and for whatever reason never got any notifications. Sounds about right on points 1 and 2, thanks. I probably should have clarified on the last part, they are for Colorlogic LED lights, don't know why I missed adding that detail, heh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.