There's a New Test Kit in Town!

I purchased a kit last month and want to add my comments about how nice a kit it is. The directions for the tests are clear also.
My pool builder never told us anything about testing for calcium hardness and started us off with a Basic 4 kit. We have a plaster pool and a swg. After getting your kit I found out my calcium is at 150 and my pool is two years old. Imagine I have lost some plaster because of that. Maybe that is why my ph was high for the first full year? Water under the bridge though.
Thanks for the great kit.

Attachments

• Pool Construction 2010 - 047.jpg
    Pool Construction 2010 - 047.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 6
  • Pool Construction 2010 - 154.jpg
    Pool Construction 2010 - 154.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 6
I can only view with great envy what you guys have. You not have a wide range of good test kits but even have a better test kit with the TF100 (because it not only comes with reagents but personal service). Where I live, test kits are almost non existence, so are pool chemicals. Found one with expired reagents..return it and found another one from another dealer but I suspect the kits is incomplete and the test results sometimes doesn't make sense. I have been following this forums for quite a while now as my only reliable source of information on maintaining my pool but nobody seems to encounter the kind of problems I encountered. My first hurdle...a reliable test kit. Then only will I know the rest of my problems. I wish Dave have by now found a way to ship his test kits overseas. I don't mind paying a bit more for the shipping and waiting a bit more for the transportation around half the earth. I am putting this in as my investment for a better pool with less problems thus lower cost.

Dave, can you help me out?

Vincent, welcome to TFP! I'm very glad to hear that we can be of assistance to pool owners regardless of where they live.

I can't speak for Dave, and I'm sure he will chime in as he checks the site often, however...

You have to remember that there are governmental regulations to be met when shipping chemicals. I have no doubt that Dave would gladly ship to any person, anywhere who wants a kit, were it feasible and allowable.

Thanks everybody....you've just taken a tonne off my back with all your assuring words. I've put up a new topic "Balancing pool chemistry in the jungle " which I belief is the proper place for me to share my other pool problems with all members.

Have a nice weekend and a great time in your pool.

Vincent

Hey, Vincent,

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner. Here's the snag with shipping the Test Kit internationally.......postage.

For Malaysia, it's $38.00 US. Then, there may or may not be duties or "taxes" of some sort imposed on you from your country and I have no way of knowing what those might be. You may end up owing that much again on duties once it gets to Malaysia. That ends up making it not a very good deal. When you add on to that the postage for any refills you may want in a year or so, it really ends up not being a good value.

Thanks Dave, for your reply and trouble.
The $38 postage, is it for UPS or just simple conventional postage? Frankly, any kit of similar capability would cost no less in Malaysia and would only be available in Kuala Lumpur, but the biggest catch here is, you never know how old are the reagents and when I have problems with the test results due to faulty reagents, there's nobody who can advice me further.
Can you ship by other means if it can cut down some shipping cost? I don't mind getting it a couple of weeks later as long as the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. Afterall, I've been with this doubtful 4in1 the past 8 weeks.
Since it Saturday here and I can't confirm the import duty here but I belief it's duty free. The last time I check with customs here when I brought in my Chlorinator from Australia, it's dutyfree...because it's to do with water treatment. I'll confirm the custom duty here ASAP and will appreciate very much your trouble to help get me the TF100.
Cheers.

Vincent.

Something to think about...... is there a shelf life on the refills? If it is acouple of years vincent may want to order a kit and one complete refill. It will give him maybe two years of testing before he need to think about refills again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, Vincent,

That postage is United States Postal Service Priority Mail. Fedex or UPS are both outrageously higher. I'll be happy to give it a try once you confirm you can live with any tariff costs.

Hotrod has a good idea to go ahead and order refills (I've got a pretty good handle on what you'll run out of first) and, if you'll keep them in an air-conditioned environment (in your house) they should last for 3-4 years. I certainly can't guarantee that but that's been the experience of myself and others on the forum. The postage will remain almost the same as I can get the refills into the same box with little added weight.

Hotrod30 said:
Something to think about...... is there a shelf life on the refills? If it is acouple of years vincent may want to order a kit and one complete refill. It will give him maybe two years of testing before he need to think about refills again.

Great idea, Hotrod. 8)

Joyce

Thanks everybody....for all your concern and excellent ideas. Hopefully I can get some confirmation tomorrow on the import duty. I am not too worried about the duty but Dave got to specified it as water test kit and not to mention anything about chemicals or tablets which would attract health department concerns.
Cheers.

Vincent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.