The pool math won't tell how much muriatic to add.

Tere

Bronze Supporter
May 30, 2015
Colorado Springs
Goal: 7.2 to 7.8
Given TA of and Borate of :
Add by weight or by volume of washing soda or soda ash
or add by weight or by volume of borax.
Add of 15.7% - 10° Baumé 28.3% - 18° Baumé 31.45% - 20° Baumé 34.6% - 22° Baumé 14.5% 29% muriatic acid
or add by weight or by volume of dry acid.
Note: pH calculations depend on TA and Borate. Results are approximate and can be off significantly for large pH changes. Changing your pH will also change your TA.
When I go to this area and I have already plugged in all the numbers ( it won't show up here) It gives the washing soda amount and borax but not muriatic acid. My pH is way above 8. My CYA is 40. My TA is 300 and will always be due to city water. Last year when I treid following this borax and washing soda it turned the pool white. I remember adding muriatic acid last year to get the pH down ( only use 1 gallon last year) but now the pool mayh page won't spit out the numbers for muriatic acid.

Goal: 7.2 to 7.8
Given TA of and Borate of :
Add by weight or by volume of washing soda or soda ash
or add by weight or by volume of borax.
Add of 15.7% - 10° Baumé 28.3% - 18° Baumé 31.45% - 20° Baumé 34.6% - 22° Baumé 14.5% 29% muriatic acid
or add by weight or by volume of dry acid.
Note: pH calculations depend on TA and Borate. Results are approximate and can be off significantly for large pH changes. Changing your pH will also change your TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.