The Numbers Are In! Need help fine tuning...

Ok, sounds good. I just wanted to make sure I had not totally messed something up. I will try to get some bleach directly to some of those areas this evening. I am going to try and vacuum today as well since I can see dirt on the bottom in different areas now that it is clearing up some.

Thanks!

I checked this morning and my CC was down to .5 and the FC was 26. I will check it again tonight and see what it is once the sun goes down and check again in the morning to see if we are there yet. I did pour some bleach around the ladder (I couldn't really see any openings except maybe where the bolts for the steps go in) and right around the lights, so hopefully that helped.

This morning I could tell a huge difference in the clarity of the water. I can see the bottom in the shallow end and part of the bottom after the pool starts to slope to the deep end. :whoot:

I could only only make out parts of the bottom yesturday because dirt had settled in certain places, but this morning the bottom is visible. Anyway, I figured I would give an update as to the progress. I hope to have some pictures from along the way posted this weekend!

The abyss in the deep end is no more! I saw the bottom of the deep end today!! :party:

The FC held over night last night and the CC is barely over .5. It is almost clear with one drop. I will check again tonight and God be willing it will be 0!! I have put some pictures below of the pool when I started and how it looks today. The shallow end is really clear and I can see it VERY well.

I guess I need to check tonight and see what the results are and then we can go from there? Thanks for all of the help so far!

[attachment=2:2m1hsjrh]Pool_1.jpg[/attachment:2m1hsjrh]

[attachment=1:2m1hsjrh]Pool_2.JPG[/attachment:2m1hsjrh]

[attachment=0:2m1hsjrh]Pool_3.JPG[/attachment:2m1hsjrh]

Attachments

• Pool_1.jpg
    Pool_1.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 50
  • Pool_2.JPG
    Pool_2.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Pool_3.JPG
    Pool_3.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 50
[attachment=2:162zd8rc]Pool_4.JPG[/attachment:162zd8rc]

[attachment=1:162zd8rc]Pool_5.JPG[/attachment:162zd8rc]

[attachment=0:162zd8rc]Pool_6.JPG[/attachment:162zd8rc]

Attachments

• Pool_4.JPG
    Pool_4.JPG
    236.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Pool_5.JPG
    Pool_5.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Pool_6.JPG
    Pool_6.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 49
[attachment=1:3k6yqacy]Pool_7.JPG[/attachment:3k6yqacy]

[attachment=0:3k6yqacy]Pool_8.JPG[/attachment:3k6yqacy]

Attachments

• Pool_7.JPG
    Pool_7.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Pool_8.JPG
    Pool_8.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 48
My FC held last night and my CC is down to .5. The FC was 17 last night when I last checked it and it was 16.5 this morning. We also had some rain, so I feel good about that. I went ahead and added my last two jugs of bleach to it this morning which should have brought it back to 25 for today.

What should my next steps be? Thanks!

Well, being that I'm like I am, I'd run the OCLT again tonight, but you have technically passed it. If you don't want to run the OCLT again it's up to you.
You can let the FC come back down to normal for your CYA. Keep the filter running and vacuum as often as you can. I'd brush as often as I could too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bama Rambler said:
Adding the salt would be a good plan about now. You need to give it a couple of days to register properly. Just stir it around once in a while to help it dissolve.

Do I just add all of the bags at once? I assume I should spread it around evenly in the deep end?

We have started out so many years with the swamp. Every morning I look out my bedroom window and down at the pool waiting for it to clear. Our AGP pool died last year, and we are puchasing a new one, but those pics bring back my desire to look out my window again and see that pool! Thanks for this thread, I have enjoyed reading it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.