The Great Slapulator Pool Saga

That's so 2020, 2021 and 2022 of them... sigh.. sorry.. things will get back to normal eventually.... The lack of anything getting done with anything lately is getting me down too....It's not for the lack of trying, that is for sure-- at least on my part nor probably yours! Best of Luck to you...

Wow! There's no way my HOA would allow that. Several of the board members go on daily walk, for exercise of course :rolleyes:, and things get brought up immediately.
Right right. Lol. I love those type. People always ask what I’m up to cause I’ve been under construction for 25 years. Lol. Something every year. People are just nosey. I literally make up stuff. I tell everyone something different. None of thier business. Whatever they can see fine. What they can’t. Well I dare you to try and figure out. I had one neighbor take pictures of my buddies trucks and vans when I was doing my basement. Lol. Why I have no idea. So they started to park in my garage. Problem solved.

Yeah.. it does look nice, honestly. One of our neighbors has had a porta potty in their front yard for over six months with their pool build (and I don't know how they get away it frankly, no one else had one ever), so it seems builds everywhere are taking forever now. I told my wife if it's still there at Halloween that I am going to jump out of it and scare the little kids trick or treating!
My guys had no outdoor potty. My parents house was the bathroom a few blocks away until basement floor was poured. The minute we could walk on it my dads buddy had toilet up and going. Lol we already had water cause of him. Water company likes him I guess. Lol temp lines run. Pooper good to go. If u like pooping in a completely open basement with everyone working upstairs. Temp steps installed by end of that day. My dads friends are serious about their bathroom breaks. Lol. Had a nice basket of toilet paper down there. Lol. Slop sink temporary for hand washing which was worth it’s weight in gold. My house build was an interesting 2 years. Everytime I use the now finished bathroom down there I laugh. It’s my early fishing morning bathroom to shower so I don’t wake everyone up.

The funny thing is that the homeowners finally were handed the board... well, it was more like a second shot at it (we were prepared this time for the "quorum games" they were playing) and a hostile takeover from the developers... and I was stupid enough to become the HOA board secretary. We are probably the most libertarian HOA you'll ever find though... I did this to get the thing on the proper course. One and done for me as an officer on the HOA...

But yeah.. they finally got that pool done mid November with the porta potty in the street.. it's just taking forever to do things, and the cost of materials is like 3-4x what it was. I hope all of this settles down. All of this is not amusing.... I am like that vulture in the cartoon (patience my rear) and this 2-3 years to do a 3 month job stuff is seriously getting old and getting me down.... I've built three houses in my life... I know what you are talking about.. I couldn't even imagine building one now... or maybe I can since I am talking a friend of mine in Iowa through an addition and remodel... we live in interesting times...

Hello all, I wanted to check in with my update. My update is nothing has been done STILL!!!!! Still hating this pool my friends.
That sucks! Amazing the PB just lets your project sit there with nothing happening. I suppose my situation of approaching 2 years from when my contract was signed with still 0 (ZERO) work done is probably better off than having a half finished build sit there for months on end with nothing. 🤞they do something sooner rather than later for you.

• Wow
Reactions: Nikilyn
I suppose my situation of approaching 2 years from when my contract was signed with still 0 (ZERO) work done is probably better off than having a half finished build sit there for months on end with nothing.
This where I am at and some of how I am remaining patient. I'm getting dug and poured soon, but if it sits for another year as a construction zone, I would have been happier with having my yard for 2 full years.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First time reading this thread. It is mind-boggling. What is actually left to complete? How much (%) has been paid so far? Were there any timelines established in the contract? Even if not, is there any legal recourse worth pursuing at this point to get out of the remainder of your contract and sub out the remaining items yourself?

If you were able to get the PB to agree to your draw schedule and you've stuck to it, maybe talk to a lawyer about cancelling the rest of the contract and hiring out subs yourself. When does the permit expire? Have you tried calling the screen company directly to get an update?

My Screen is up. The only major thing left is my prep and Eco Finish. I have 2 outstanding items that needs the deck crew ro return and the plumbing crew. Cutting a larger ring to install the correct collar and lid for 2 of my skimmers and the Flo Vis and Blower have to be plumbed in. On my draw schedule, yes and no. Yes I held, but I was dumb in 2021 when they could not get equipment from there supplier but I was able to find my Intellicenter IP8. so I agreed to buy it for them and they would credit my account. Which they did but they took out my final payment after everything was to be done and credit me the difference. So I am now and have been paid in full for months :( I also have fond out form a support group i joined on FB as a lot of customers are very angry with the lack of progress. They have a lawsuit with a bunch of customers going. They asked me to join but I have not as of yet. I personally feel the only people that win in lawsuits are lawyers and I am afraid if i join then there is no hope of working getting done while there is an active case. But, not much is happening now either so I am waffling to be honest. Also, an state investigation on letting permits lapse and not having final inspections in Pasco County and not closing them out. I am in Hillsborough County and it handles permits differently but still not good news. I am all around scared, stressed and Don't know if i ever will enjoy this darn thing if it does get done.

Well.. my thought on this is to either hire the rest of it out and then sue the PB for the difference plus .. something reasonable for your time like $1500... or let him know that you are thinking about it and he will have one less problem if he finishes. I have had many a thousand dollar job (ok three in two different states) done when I told a contractor that they'd have to send a lawyer but I can represent myself small claims it myself just fine. And by the way, it's cheaper just to do the work.... one said I'd lose. I said, maybe but it will still cost you more than finishing the job...

You won't believe this! They actually delivered my plaster supplies and supposedly after 7 months I am suppose to have it done Wednesday. So long of wait that the vendor that was doing Eco Finish stopped doing it in my area and had to go through 4 other companies to find anone what would do a polished one and no one would do the blue base i wanted so I had to do white. This pool is nothing like i dreamed of. But at this point i have given up on being happy. I just want it done..IMG_3012.jpg

They actually delivered my plaster supplies and supposedly after 7 months I am suppose to have it done Wednesday.
What is that my wondering eyes see???? PLASTER STUFF!!! OH YEAH!!! :party:
This pool is nothing like i dreamed of. But at this point i have given up on being happy. I just want it done..
Once it is done and you are floating most of it will fade away!

I have a set of directions put together by @HermanTX just for this time:

Some helpful hints for day of filling
  • Do they have all the proper return nozzles and drain covers (type and color) to place after plaster installed
  • Have you tested your fill water? Are you filling with softened water or regular tap water?
  • Have your hose ready (and clean) as it will be laying in the pool.
  • Tie a sock or cloth around the nozzle so it does not sit on the plaster. Also, consider tying a plastic jug to the nozzle such that it will float up as the water rises.
  • Make sure the hose is put at the lowest part of the pool.
  • Do NOT stop the flow of water once it starts as it stopping it could cause a ring on the plaster.
  • Ensure you take note (or a picture) of your water meter reading before you start to fill
  • Be prepared to take note of your water meter as the pool reaches certain levels, i.e bottom of bottom step, top of bottom step, etc. (it helps in the future to know volume of your pool at certain levels - should you ever have to drain portion of it)
  • Plan to set an alarm every 4 hours (or so) to ensure hose is still in pool, no debris blew into pool, etc.
  • Take a picture of any chemicals they bring on site that they plan to dump in when they start to add water to pool
  • Continue to fill pool to center of water tile or center of skimmer. Take picture of water meter at end of fill
  • Get clear instructions from PB as what to do the day the pool is full - how often to brush, will the pump be turned on, etc.
Define with PB when he will be back out to set up water chemistry

Reactions: Slapulator
This pool is nothing like i dreamed of. But at this point i have given up on being happy. I just want it done..
I have yet to see one that was not utterly stunning. And colors ????? Don't even get me started about your preferred color.

20220915_122002.jpg

20220824_183849.jpg

20220624_074420.jpg

20220729_062001.jpg

Based on how this has gone so far, I'd probably assume that you are taking control of the water on day 1, lol...might as well get your supplies...do you have one of the recommended tests kits? Get some liquid chlorine, CYA, muriatic acid...that's probably a good start.

Reactions: Slapulator

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.