The eliminator Pool cover, anyone use them?

timca

Jan 24, 2023
Ontario
Moved from Here

http://www.blueoceanpools.com/product_i ... i/16/pi/37
$329
I have seen this cover recommended on this site before, it looks really perfect for me. Has anyone had any experience with it in the past. I have a 18x33 above ground pool with a full wood deck all the way around it. I do not want a safety cover and I do not want to use water bags(pain in the Rear). I talked to them and they say it can be mounted directly to the deck and that it filters out the trash differently than a mesh safety cover does so the water will be crystal clear in the spring. My dad has a safety mesh cover and every spring his pool is green, I do not want that.

My other choices are $500
Swimming Pool Winter Covers Online
I talked to them and the cover seems awesome but pricey, and not really designed to mount directly to deck. They say it can be but you have to screw or nail it through the tarp. I'm not so sure about that considering the cost of the cover.

My last choice is $180
http://www.poolsupplies.com/cgi-bin/com ... vers4.html
The cheapest solution and should be strong enough to handle the winds if I anchor it directly to the deck, and not use water bags. However not really designed for that. Have others had any luck anchoring standard covers to wood decks?

Help please! I do not want to go through another winter fighting my pool cover trying to fly off or sag in.
I live in Ontario, my above ground pool sees all types of winter conditions, and, it is surrounded by 12 ft cedar trees. I have used the SAME Eliminator cover now for 8 years. I really have had no issues. But I do get concerned when snow loads get really heavy, but again no issues. When I open our pool in the spring the water is crystal clear. I give the cover a good pressure wash, let it dry and pray it will see another year. My cover is attached to the metal uprights on our above ground pool. And interestingly, at least to me, when I Remove the rubber bungees, I give them a quick skim of vasoline and seal them in a bag for the summer…..not a big deal,but, those same bungees have seen 8 years of service and I am certain they have a few years left. Personally, IF and when this cover reaches the end of life, I am hoping Iwill be able to buy a new one. In a word theyareGreat, andI have no financial interest in the pool business , I just love that product .

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.