The biggest problem with this TFP method!

~2500 posts in 3 months

~28 posts/day

What, I see no problems there..... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I slacked a little in June as I was dealing with some stuff at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Azgirl is slowing down considerably
I think she hit 1000 in the first 3 weeks of finding us. :)

I did slow a bit. I am sure I will be back up there. Lots of stuff going on at home that despite my wishes took priority over TFP.

Lol, I slacked a little in June as I was dealing with some stuff at home.

- - - Updated - - -

I did slow a bit. I am sure I will be back up there. Lots of stuff going on at home that despite my wishes took priority over TFP.

Truth be told - the Starbucks barista hit you with an accidental decaf Americano and took you off your stride. Luckily for him you're a peaceful gal and his life was spared. But he got a good dope-slap just so he knows not to make the same mistake twice. Am I right?

Truth be told - the Starbucks barista hit you with an accidental decaf Americano and took you off your stride. Luckily for him you're a peaceful gal and his life was spared. But he got a good dope-slap just so he knows not to make the same mistake twice. Am I right?

Lol, I wish that were the case. Had an emergency with my 21 yo son and had to leave home for a bit.

I just "turned" someone else onto TFP while I was getting my chlorine today! They just bought a house with a pool and was looking at the pool stuff when I walked in. The employee that was helping them called me over to talk to them LOL. I LOVE my ACE Hardware store and they love my dog! LOL

They even had me write the web site down. I did tell them that the first thing they had to get was a good test kit. They are SO in!

Kim

LOL @ well, every post in this thread...

I think I'm slowly converting my next door neighbor to TFP. This is the same guy who laughed at me when I started my SLAM and said he didn't believe bleach would work. He still cal-hypo shocks his pool weekly, BTW...

The other day, though, he sent me a picture of a 25-lb case of cal-hypo he bought for something like $85 and asked me how that compared to the 10% liquid "Pool Shock" I'm buying for $2 a gallon. So I ran the numbers through PoolMath and shared them with him. $2.00 worth of 10% bleach does the same work as $5.10 of cal-hypo, without the increase of CH. He was floored!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The other day, though, he sent me a picture of a 25-lb case of cal-hypo he bought for something like $85 and asked me how that compared to the 10% liquid "Pool Shock" I'm buying for $2 a gallon. So I ran the numbers through PoolMath and shared them with him. $2.00 worth of 10% bleach does the same work as $5.10 of cal-hypo, without the increase of CH. He was floored!

THAT says it all!

WOW! Good job!

Kim

I miss the challenge of cleaning up the green water! Exactly one year on since buying the house, using TFP from day 1 and going from this ....

attachment.php

to this ...

attachment.php

Yawn .. almost tempted not to put chlorine in for a few days!!

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 240
  • pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 235
At the risk of turning this into a serious thread, my biggest problem is that I tell friends and family about the method, I mean just the basics so as not to shock them (pardon the pun); and all I get is "really; not "REALLY!", but just the regular "really". And they just continue as before, which is fixing their pools when they go bad and following the pool store advice on chemicals and thinking that's just how it has to be.

I think these folks respect my opinion, and I think I'm keeping it simple explaining it; talking mostly about keeping free chlorine at a level based on CYA; not just 1-4; daily testing and replacing consumed chlorine as determined by the FC level during the test; using only chlorine (usually bleach) as sanitizer and as an algaecide and other, mostly grocery store and hardware items and that's it. No weekly shock or slam; just a few minutes per day to test and replace. They don't disagree with the method. They just won't do it. Is it possible that someone could hear or read about this method and understand it and not want to try it? But that's what I get.

They understand the terms. They even understand the problem with overstabilization and using the term CYA, so it should make sense to them that the higher the CYA, the higher the FC has to be just to do the same work, but I've not got but one person to try the method and his spouse buys some of the unneeded items and puts in the pool, so he's not really doing it but wants to.

My sister-in-law actually fixes peoples pools. Usually really, really bad pools where the pump has not been turned on for a year or more, but she also maintains a few people's pools for them. I asked her if she had ever heard of "BBB" or TFPC or setting the FC based on CYA. She said "no". I explained the differences and sent her a link to the calculator, the pool school, the recommended levels, and the FC/CYA chart. Have never heard back from her. Not a "thanks but no thanks"--nothing! Does she think I'm trying to be a know-it-all. I don't know.

Anyone else get this non caring attitude from others about TFPC?

I do not even try. Most people start with, why would you dump bleach..., I get bored and leave them to their methods. I know my pool is clear and for more than a year, I only spend money on bleach and I know how to clear my pool if it does get algae. I did not jump right into TFP at the beginning, I dipped my toe and the rest of me remained in the pool store world. Sometimes, I feel like I am doing something wrong because I am not spending money on chemicals.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.