Melbourne, Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral Viron V35
We had a metal tray under the toaster to catch bread crumbs. Turns out this was a bad idea on a stone benchtop - bread crumbs are a lot easier to clean up than rust stains:

Screenshot_20240425-195218.png

But thanks to TFP I knew exactly what to do. Went down the Oxalic Acid route, was easiest to source at the Hardware store. Even though Oxalic Acid is not the preferred option for a pool due to potential formation of Calcium Oxalate scale, for a kitchen benchtop that's not an issue. Turns out that the benchtop manufacturer also recommends Oxalic Acid.

So, one quick Bunnings trip later, the kitchen benchtop looks like new again:

Screenshot_20240425-195244.png

Thank you, TFP! :)

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

I have also cured 'teenager attitude' by raising my daughters TA. It helped pull her PH up so she was less acidic.
I may need to try this- a little baking soda to offset the acidity of the Mountain Dew?
We may be headed for a fairly large exchange soon though as she’s become much too salty 🧂🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude and mgtfp
I may need to try this- a little baking soda to offset the acidity of the Mountain Dew?
We may be headed for a fairly large exchange soon though as she’s become much too salty 🧂🤣🤣

You should consider borates as well, you need all the buffering support that's available here. I was even thinking stabilizer, but that could backfire by stabilizing the wrong moods.

Borates also go well with salty.