Tftest kits smart stir buttons no worky

mxxmikexx

Jul 11, 2022
Anyone else suddenly have the buttons act like momentary buttons instead of on/off?

My smart stir only works if I continuously press and hold the buttons now

First it completely stopped working, installed new batteries and still didn’t work. Tried it 2 days later and now it only works by holding the buttons pressed in the entire time

Unit’s literally like 12 or 13 months old
And yes I did just send an email out to tftestkits to see if they can still do anything but I was just curious if anyone else had this same kind of button issues happen??

Anyone else suddenly have the buttons act like momentary buttons instead of on/off?

My smart stir only works if I continuously press and hold the buttons now

First it completely stopped working, installed new batteries and still didn’t work. Tried it 2 days later and now it only works by holding the buttons pressed in the entire time

Unit’s literally like 12 or 13 months old
And yes I did just send an email out to tftestkits to see if they can still do anything but I was just curious if anyone else had this same kind of button issues happen??
Take the batteries out for several hour or even overnight. You could try to use new ones as well, but the trick is to just leave the batteries out for a few/several hours.

I can't explain it, but it works.

Take the batteries out for several hour or even overnight. You could try to use new ones as well, but the trick is to just leave the batteries out for a few/several hours.

I can't explain it, but it works.
If you choose to use fresh batteries, that is fine, but make sure there are none in the unit for a while. I suspect there is a capacitor or resistor that needs to discharge and then everything seems to work just fine.

new batteries
I can't tell you the number of smart stir users that we have told to replace the batteries with NEW ones...and then it works. Not "NEW" ones out of a drawer that you bought a while ago. NEW batteries. Make sure they are alkaline batteries, not LI-ION. Even had one member put "new" batteries in, only to figure out someone in the family put old batteries in the New battery drawer!

It is either removing the batteries for a period of time, or NEW batteries.

Sincerely,
PoolStored.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.