Silver Supporter
May 26, 2020
Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This may seem like a silly question, but...
My CYA Mixing Bottle label is crooked. Instructions say to fill with pool water to bottom of label, then add R-0013 to top of label. Since the label is crooked, it's a question of where is bottom, and where is top?
Either way, what I'd really like to clarify is, are there supposed to be equal amounts of pool water and R-0013? My Taylor kit says to add pool water to the 7mL mark, then add R-0013 to the 14mL mark. That's a 50-50 mix, and I'm assuming the same applies to the TFP kit.
Can someone verify that for me?

Thanks.

Correct, a 50:50 mix. You could measure 7 ml in one of the marked tubes to be sure where on the label to fill to. But the entire CYA test is rather subjective anyway, so extreme accuracy isn't all that important. Plus or minus 10 pmm is the best you're gonna get anyway.

Hey DanC !!! My label moved everytime it got wet. I bet yours did too and dried crooked. Get it good and wet and slide it back to the top edge of the bottle all around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.