TFP Shopping List On Amazon

Stillini

Apr 10, 2023
Westchester, NY USA
Hey Guys,

So I think I am going to do it, switch from Baquacil to the TFP way! Quick question, I am trying to get everything off Amazon I might need to do the switch and have on hand for maintenance. I know amounts might need to be adjusted but can you guys take a look at the attached and let me know what you think of what I have in the cart and let me know if you have any recommendations or changes that I need? Also, going to order the TF-PRO with Smart Stir test kits. Thank you!!

Attachments

• Pool.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
Hello..... the good news is you do NOT need anything but Liquid Chlorine and CYA Stabilizer. Those other items are "on occasion" needs and no need to maintain them at home. Follow the directions to a T.

You can find Liquid Chlorine usually much cheaper locally. Hardware stores, Walmart's pool section, farm stores, etc.

You will LOVE that TF-Pro.... the stirring device makes testing so easy.

Please walk us thru your conversion with lots of pics and info.... we love the pics!

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: Geminisq
Aside from the cost, the actual items look OK?
If you need acid, use plain muriatic acid. Available at Home Depot, Lowes, paint stores, farm stores, etc.

You only need to have 'on hand' stabilizer and liquid chlorine. NO baking soda, borax, etc.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Hello..... the good news is you do NOT need anything but Liquid Chlorine and CYA Stabilizer. Those other items are "on occasion" needs and no need to maintain them at home. Follow the directions to a T.

You can find Liquid Chlorine usually much cheaper locally. Hardware stores, Walmart's pool section, farm stores, etc.

Please walk us thru your conversion with lots of pics and info.... we love the pics!

TF-PRO - Ordered!! :)

• Love

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Seeing how you’re in New York I’m guessing there’s been no Baquacil added since last fall, is this assumption correct?

Main reason I ask…….
Because of the price of liquid chlorine right now it’s sometimes cheaper to just preform a water exchange. You’re kinda on the larger end of pools…..but I’d always toss it out there as an option.

Welcome! Just wanted to let you know that TFP has completed a great thread of state by state lists of local places for the best prices on Chlorine. I have personally found it way cheaper to purchase chlorine locally, the prices online are at least 2x-3x more.
Happy Swimming!
Kelley

Seeing how you’re in New York I’m guessing there’s been no Baquacil added since last fall, is this assumption correct?

Main reason I ask…….
Because of the price of liquid chlorine right now it’s sometimes cheaper to just preform a water exchange. You’re kinda on the larger end of pools…..but I’d always toss it out there as an option.
Correct. No Baquacil added since closing in the fall. When you say water change, you are talking draining/refilling? I'm on a well so I would have to purchase the water in that event. How much liquid chorine do you think I am going to need for the conversation?

Odds say you’ll be low on Baquacil as fresh water from the Winter likely has diluted most. If it were I and I had the pool size you do I’d pass on the Drain/refill. Now had you owned a smaller pool the answer maybe different.

Rather than stocking up on chlorine I’d put my focus on locating a reliable source at first. This way you’re not scrambling after you’ve started. If you greatly wanna stock up I’d pickup maybe 10 gallons as you can always use it during the year.

Looking at your list the main item that sticks out as missing is some filter media. I’m not sure your filter type but if it’s sand or DE you’re going to need to have some extra on hand. If you’ve got a DE filter plan on doing multiple cleanings while if you have Sand plan on changing it once you’re done.

Odds say you’ll be low on Baquacil as fresh water from the Winter likely has diluted most. If it were I and I had the pool size you do I’d pass on the Drain/refill. Now had you owned a smaller pool the answer maybe different.

Rather than stocking up on chlorine I’d put my focus on locating a reliable source at first. This way you’re not scrambling after you’ve started. If you greatly wanna stock up I’d pickup maybe 10 gallons as you can always use it during the year.

Looking at your list the main item that sticks out as missing is some filter media. I’m not sure your filter type but if it’s sand or DE you’re going to need to have some extra on hand. If you’ve got a DE filter plan on doing multiple cleanings while if you have Sand plan on changing it once you’re done.
Also, just curious when you say cleaning - are you talking about backwashing or total over night soak cleaning of the filter?

Just backwashing is fine for most the conversion. Once completed it’ll be a good idea to give a good soak, but for now a backwash is perfect.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.