Harrisburg,PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
There are several TFP chemistry recs that do no match what is normally recommended in the pool industry. I recently installed new equipment and don't want to do anything that can give Pentair a reason to deny a warranty claim.

This is on the heater:
Heater.jpg

Has anyone had a problem with a warranty claim when following the TFP recs that are outside specs like this? The "ideal" TFP recs for my plaster, SWG pool are:

pH: 7.6 to 7.8
TA: 60 to 80
CH: 350 to 550
CYA: 70 to 80

I am not worried about it other than giving Pentair a reason to deny a claim.

You can ride the fence of those fc recommendations with a lower cya of 60.
The rest are totally feasible as well.
Some people choose to “follow the manufacturer rules” until their warranty is expired.
If questions are asked you will likely need to produce “professional” results- aka- pool store test records. So maybe get some of those to stick in the filing cabinet when you know your numbers align with the recommendations.
Your installation company is often the one who holds the cards with warranty claims. Some owners have had ok luck contacting Pentair directly. YMMV
Unless there’s insane corrosion or obvious scale in the heater or something it’s unlikely your chemistry will be questioned too much.
*For pentair swcg’s they have also been known to adhere to a low phosphate rule before pursuing warranty claims in some cases. Pentair makes good equipment and hopefully you won’t ever need to make a warranty claim but dealing with warranties can be difficult.

It says OPTIMUM not REQUIRED or MANDATORY.

If Pentair wants to find a reason to deny a warranty claim they will. Pentair has been pretty reasonable on warranty claims.

It's your pool and your choice how you want to run it.

If questions are asked you will likely need to produce “professional” results- aka- pool store test records. So maybe get some of those to stick in the filing cabinet when you know your numbers align with the recommendations.
I am glad you mentioned that. I need to pull out the actual warranty info to see what it has to say.

Reminds me of the warranty on my pool finish. I had it redone with a pebble finish in 2016 and I was told it had a lifetime warranty. The catch was that I needed a monthly print out of testing by a store.

I did that until the COVID lockdowns started in 2020. Since the pool stores were closed I pulled out the warranty info again to determine what I was going to do. I noticed that it said the warranty covered materials and not labor. I figured it wasn't worth worrying about and haven't been to a pool store for testing since. I just stay on top of the chemistry.

Reactions: Mdragger88