TFP favorite sand filter?

minmex

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Far North TX
Hello-

My approaching 20 year old Hayward S244T sand filter has developed a crack in the top and needs to be replaced asap.

15k vinyl lined inground pool, located in north TX. I leave it open all year w/ freeze protection.

Just wondering what the TFP opinion is on a replacement - I know I can just get another Hayward one, or I see other similar products that could be worth exploring:

1. Replace with identical new Hayward S244T, currently $375 on Amazon
2. Replace with Harris H1572230 24" filter, which also comes with a new 1.5HP pump for $299
3. Blue Devil B8322 filter w/ valve $321
4. XtremepowerUS 75141 24" filter w/ valve $239
5. Aquapro 24" $349
3. Jandy or Pentair,which appear to be multiple of the above prices
4. Other option ?

I'm sort of leaning to the Hayward, just for the simplicity of replacement since that's what I already have, but the Harris which includes a new pump also looks attractive because then I could replace everything in one shot and hopefully not have to deal with anything again.

TFP what do you say?
Thanks

Just a thought. You could look into just buying the Hayward S244T tub and reuse your current multiport valve (not sure if this is possible however). That would save you some $ possibly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.