TF100 Test Results Inconclusive- Now What?

Frogabog....thanks for advice....you posted at 1:30 am, so I was in bed. We have full sun today till 9 at night. Should I put bleach in now or wait till tonight? Also, I just use pool calc to determine how much, correct? Current FC 0, target 9, so 280 oz. of bleach. Did I do that right?

kwhyde said:
Frogabog....thanks for advice....you posted at 1:30 am, so I was in bed. We have full sun today till 9 at night. Should I put bleach in now or wait till tonight? Also, I just use pool calc to determine how much, correct? Current FC 0, target 9, so 280 oz. of bleach. Did I do that right?

I'm not him but I'll chime in. Dump in the bleach ASAP. Then look below at what he said about day vs. night.

frogabog said:
Right now, I'd say you're in fairly good shape and may not need to shock. But only if you get the chlorine in right away. Tonight, raise the water to 9ppm FC with bleach. Check half an hour later to see if you hit 9ppm. An hour after that, see if you lost chlorine. (I am assuming you are doing this at night). If not, let it be overnight. Check for CC as well.

<edited>

If doing this during the day, some chlorine will be lost due to sunlight so just watch it till the sun is off the pool and make sure it doesn't fall below 4ppm before the sun is off the pool (if it does, time to shock). If you lose 50% of the chlorine you started with, you're good. Re-dose to 8ppm for the night and let it go the next day.

My own answer would be a little different but not a whole lot.

I would say, dump in the bleach ASAP to get to 9ppm. Then after sundown check to see where you are, raise it back to 9ppm like he says to do in the first part of his message for doing this at night, and follow the rest of what he advices about waiting and rechecking. If you are losing FC during the 1 hour after verifying it reached 9ppm - then you need to raise it to shock (16ppm) and follow the shocking process.

what they are asking you to do is the overnight chlorine loss test

If you lose less than 1ppm chlorine overnight (sunset to sunrise so the sun doesnt kill any chlorine)
have less than .5 cc
water is clear

then you are good to go.

Wow...definitely getting there. My pool was sooooo out of balance that it is amazing that it is turning normal!

FC 9
CC .5
TC 9.5
pH 7.5
TA 90
CH 140
CYA 40

Never thought I'd get here. Going to add calcium today and take a deep breath for a moment. This has taken a solid 10 days of draining, adding, testing, and patience. Thanks to all who have helped along the way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.