TF100 Newbie and Test Results

Man the pool was a mess from the storms today, took me forever to get all the debris vacuumed out off the bottom.

Here's my test numbers from about 15 minutes ago.

pH - 7.7
FC - 5
CYA - 40
CC - 0
TC - 5
TA - 110
CH - 125

If my CYA was between 30-40 should I add anymore CYA or just call it good at 40?

I'll head out in a bit to add my bleach to get it up to 8 and see where it's at tomorrow night. If I have time I'll check it in the morning.

Who ordered the swarm of mosquito's tonight, the family and i lost about 10 pints of the red stuff between us all.

Call it 40 CYA.... -->[FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Yup. 40. The mosquitoes know they have fresh breeding grounds after your storm. Hope their eggs dry out before they hatch!

:thumleft:

OMG.....I'm sure you're tired of reading this as much as I'm tired of hearing it. Co-worker this morning was talking with another co-worker and said the difference between him and me in regards to pools is. He's had his 3 seasons and this is the first season for me and once I've had it another year or so I won't take as good of care of it and worry about every little thing. He said that he doesn't worry about leaves getting in the skimmer and stopping water flow to the pump after a storm, he doesn't even check his pool numbers, smells the chlorine so he knows it's good, has clear water, etc...I wanted to holler out of my office and say "You're an idiot!!!" I try to ignore him but his office is right next to mine and I can clearly hear him. I never would of guessed he would be that way with his pool, I've known him all my life, just surprises me.

To me my pool is an investment that needs to be taken care of properly. I want my family to enjoy it for many many years, otherwise I might as well bought a $200 seasonal pool or just go swim at my in-laws neighbors.

Numbers look good this morning. FC 7 and pool is open for business!! LOL

Another storm rolled through right at lunch time today. Skimmer was full of stuff but nothing on the bottom of the pool. Wife and kids are in it now and said it's crystal clear, thank goodness.

Another storm rolled through right at lunch time today. Skimmer was full of stuff but nothing on the bottom of the pool. Wife and kids are in it now and said it's crystal clear, thank goodness.

Once you learn the TFP way you realize that rain storms don't instantly cause a cloudy pool. You might have a bunch of debris to clean out, but not the end of the world.

Just look at an earlier photo of your pool. That is some pretty water. :rockon:

Send that rain our way, wouldya? I need a good top-off!

Can't seem to get a break from the rain right now, frustrating when you plan on swimming and then it messes that all up...LOL

Once you learn the TFP way you realize that rain storms don't instantly cause a cloudy pool. You might have a bunch of debris to clean out, but not the end of the world.

Just look at an earlier photo of your pool. That is some pretty water. :rockon:

You are correct, doesn't cause a cloudy pool but causes the dogs paws to be muddy. Haha

Couple of my co-workers with pools said they put a bag of shock in their pools yesterday after the storms. Not me, it was TFP business as usual!!! :lovetfp:

Thank you very much for the compliment!! :D

Just tested my water and my FC dropped down to 4 from what should of been 8 after adding bleach this morning. There wasn't a lot of sun today and it wasn't hot out, had a storm roll through. Water is still crystal clear. My CYA is still 40 for all general purposes. Only 3 people in the pool at different times and no one pees in my pool...LOL

Maybe I'm just being to anal about all of this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just got hammered with another storm, pool is up to just under the top rail. Will have to drain some off when I get home from our City's 4th of July fireworks that were rescheduled for tonight due to being rained out on the 4th.

You got this! How were the fireworks? Worth the wait?

They were pretty good but the mosquitoes were out in force, should of brought spray!!! Parade is in the morning, which I'm not all that thrilled about going. I'm not big on parades but my wife and kids are so I will go for them.

:::Yippee tossing "confetti" from the shredder in air in celebration::: Yay You!!! Way to be a BOSS! :whoot:

Thank ya very much!!! I'm trying!!

Was going to swim about 2 hours ago and a storm popped up so I couldn't, it has been pouring for 2 hours now. Under a flash flood warning, probably because the pool is over flowing right now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.