TF100 Chlorine Confusion

So I've done what I thought to be a replication of my bucket test but I'm still not holding FC. I added 87 FC and it took my ammonia down to 3 ppm. I waited several days until my CC was down to 4. I then added another 87 ppm FC. Now the issue is that the pool was quite green/cloudy due to a large rain storm so I could have been fighting some algae. Needless to say a day later, despite my high CYA, CC was 5 (didn't dilute) and FC was .5. Ammonia tests absolute 0. The confusing thing is that I have 3 test kits. Taylor K-2005C (service complete), TF FAS-DPD chlorine, HTH 6 way test (with the OTO chlorine test). With my CC being what it is, the OTO kit should turn dark yellow but the sample stays perfectly clear. My DPD and FAS-DPD agree with each other though.

The pool is crystal clear again and no rain forecasted for a while so I fertilized my new lawn seed which will hopefully help to solve my overflow problem a bit (without overflowing fertilizer into the pool).

Since I supposedly solved my ammonia problem and since the water is still cool at 60. Do I let the CC burn off over time or do I spend more cash to keep hitting it wiht 87 ppm shots until it holds? My wife is starting to poke fun at me for not draining it. I'm thinking of doing a 50% drain later this week to get my CYA down once I get my replacement discharge hose (Leslie's one is a real piece of garbage). Thinking tomorrow I'll bucket test it to see if I can reach breakpoint.

I add 2 quarts of 6% per day and 2 bags of non-chlorine shock on the weekend. The pool reads no chlorine and is perfectly clear. I'm scratching my head. It seems properly sanitized but then again I'm suffering with an ear infection right now that has the swimming pool water written all over it.

Through water replacement I got my CYA down to 65-70. At least that's something. My mom has the same problem I do with her pool as do other people in this forum. The conclusion we all come to: "is the water clear? yep, are you getting sick? nope. Enjoy". I'm hoping that I got an ear infection because I got water in the ear and didn't get it out like I normally do and not because the pool water is radioactive or something.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.