Connecticut shoreline
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi, total newbie here who just moved into a house with a pool. I've done enough research to know I need to order a test kit, and I like the idea of getting a "Pro" one because of the SmartStir and the nice case to keep everything organized :) I'm just not understanding the difference between the TF Pro ($150) vs the TF Pro Salt ($170). My head is spinning so thought maybe someone knew the answer.

Our pool is saltwater, so presumably I just buy the more expensive Salt pro kit, but I didn't understand what it includes different than the regular (non-salt) pro one. I also saw a lot of recs to consider buying a separate salt test (such as the Taylor K-1766 kit or just basic salt strips) --but does the Salt pro kit eliminate this need?

Thanks in advance!

It's exactly as you suspect. The +salt kit comes with the prementiomed k-1766 kit for your salt pool. The regular Pro kit doesn't have the k-1766 because it's not needed for liquid chlorine pools.

The kit by itself is $30 everywhere plus possible shipping, sweetening the pot for the pro*salt kit.

You can also buy test strips for spot checks but I personally never saw the need. You only need to check the salt a few times a season and it stays as constant as the CYA and CH (for us with low CH fill water).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.