TF kit issues

I also had issues and replacing the batteries did not work. Nate suggested I leave the batteries out for a while. I removed them overnight then reinstalled the same new batteries I pulled out and everything worked just fine. I'm sure it didn't need to set overnight, but at least a little while seemed to do the trick. maybe try that.
Quoting because this is a new trick I’ve found that works. Leave the batteries out overnight and then email us if it doesn’t work.

I bought the tf-100 kit in September of 2021, a little less than 2 years ago. my pool was replastered so I didn't do any testing for about 6 months. I went to do a test today and my magnetic speed stir only works if I hold the button down, and the light just kinda flickers. Im also super careful with my test kit. Never dropped it and i keep it in my closet so it doesnt get extream temperatures. also my R-0870 powder has turned grey. Anyone else have similar issues and will someone will TFP rectify my issue with the speedstir?
Exactly what happened to mine. Eventually what happened is that holding it down didn't work anymore either. I bought a new one, sent the one old back, they checked it, and found the same issue (even with batteries) so they credited me the purchase on the one I made. Very easy to work with them.

Reactions: Mdragger88
We've had at least three members with this issue this spring. Ever Single Time It Has Been The Batteries. Use only Alkaline batteries, not lithium or rechargeable. Make sure they are new batteries, not "new" batteries out of a pack you bought a year or two ago. Make sure the orientation is correct (battery nub on the flat, and batter flat side on the spring), and they make good contact.
FWIW, I had that issue, and it wasn't batteries -- and the issue was confirmed by TF Test Kits who verified it wasn't batteries. But they were great about handling it, no complaints here at all. (@PoolStored )

FWIW, I had that issue, and it wasn't batteries -- and the issue was confirmed by TF Test Kits who verified it wasn't batteries. But they were great about handling it, no complaints here at all. (@PoolStored )
@jesse-99 holding us accountable! So far his is the only Smart Stir that truly died, at least so far.... 🤞 @mrjetson707 hopefully leaving the batteries out will solve your issue.

Well, as luck would have it my Smart Stir just went bonkers…right in the beginning of my FC test. I’m having to hold the button down for it to work and the light flicks on for about .2 seconds and then doesn’t come back on.

I’ve had my kit since 05/15…just over two months. 1st thing I did was put in 4 brand new batteries. They’re not the rechargeable ones. Still doing the same thing. Definitely expected this thing to work as expected longer than this.

They normally work very well. Try the above - take the batts out and leave them out for a while

Otherwise if you email tftestkits they are very responsive ….

Reactions: cdadams1223
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.