TF-100 chlorine graduated cylinder cracked

Aug 29, 2016
Rose Hill, KS
Has anyone experienced cracking on the bottom of the chlorine graduated mix cylinder?
I've had my kit for about 1 month and noticed a crack starting from the center on the bottom.
I rinse my cylinder after every use and dry.

Anyone know where I can get glass cylinders that will fit on the SpeedStir?

Has anyone experienced cracking on the bottom of the chlorine graduated mix cylinder?
I've had my kit for about 1 month and noticed a crack starting from the center on the bottom.

No idea as I have a K-2006. But I'm sure if you contact TFTestKits, they will be more than happy to help you out.

Check out Amazon and lookup "scientific glassware", there's tons of stuff. I use a 50mL graduated glass beaker for some tests and it sits perfectly well on top of the SpeedStir. It does not fit into the groove, but the magnetic stirrer works fine and I've never spilled it or had it spin off. Taylor sells replacement tubes for the SpeedStir (#4034 (25mL) or #4037 (50mL) ) but they are plastic, not glass. I have had my original plastic Taylor tubes for years now and none have ever developed any cracking.

I have notified TFtestkits about this. Please look for them to contact you soon!

Kim:kim:

TFTestkits doesn't think glass of any type for any reason should be included in our TF-100 kit. Too many people test out by the pool.

Getting a new cylinder from us is a real struggle. Please send your name via email to [email protected] and tell us you need a new cylinder........on the way the same day with no argument. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.