TF-100 arrived yesterday - First set of numbers in and pool is cloudy

My pool went from green and full of algae to cloudy sky blue to now deep blue but still cloudy.

Initially put about 6-7 gallons of 10% bleach and then it was cloudy so I put in some old clarifier which made it even cloudier - white small particles could be seen.

Bought a new filter on Monday and been cleaned a ton of grey slime for a few days. Now I'm cleaning the filter and no more slime just dirt. I can see about a foot into the pool but then it is cloudy.

Test results from yesterday evening. Going to check again shortly.

FC 1
CC .5
PH 7.8
TA 260
CYA 0

Are these numbers possible? Goal is to clear up the cloudiness but don't know where to go from here.

cdc2706d70bdd49485578c5ad63b0cb6.jpg

Those numbers are certainly possible. And please don't get impatient and start using potions like clarifiers at this point.

Here's what I would suggest. Step one add 10 PPM of FC and recheck the FC and CC after 15 minutes and report back.

Depending on the results of the above, you would then add 30 PPM of cya and follow the slam process to clear up the pool.

You're good to go! Start the SLAM procedure.

There is an article in pool school that will tell you how. Follow that article step by step. ask questions along the way. You are not far from a sparkling pool.

You will first need to put in a Dose of CYA to equal 30 ppm (use poolMath....we'll help) and then we'll need to put your FC up around 12 ppm.

Do you have CYA on hand? Do you have lot's more chlorine?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
if you just poured the CYA into the pool, BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH with soft bristled brush (or gently with vac head if you don't have a brush) until it is all dissolved. Don't let it sit on the liner, it's a weak acid, but still an acid, not to mention, you want it dissolved.

Hard to say. If you just dump the CYA into the skimmer so it got sucked into the pump it is possible it might take up to a week for it dissolve and show up in the test. That is why we do not recommend adding in that method.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.