Texas Heat Advisory

he will make $4 more an hour. I've raised a moron 😱

He gotta learn for himself.

It builds character.

See if he lasts the day or walks off at lunch time and does not return.

Do they know he's leaving ? If so, he'll be doing the parts of the job that nobody lasts 3 weeks either way. :laughblue:
Yeah, he is staying local for the 1st year of college... and its a family friend that owns the company. Several of his friends work there too, literally digging ditches/trenches.

It will certainly be interesting to see how he handles working on the hottest day of the year, in a hotter than normal summer.

Reactions: newdude
Several of his friends work there too, literally digging ditches/trenches.

With friends there he may have his ego to protect and stick it out.

Or he may show he is his own independent man and say this is not for him by lunch.

Let us know how he handles it.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
literally digging ditches/trenches.
I went to work as an electrician in the summer and spent 85% of the time digging pool lights and bonding. Several summers later I went to work for my buddy doing propane and it was the same pool trenches, but for heaters. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JamesW and JJ_Tex
Yeah, he is staying local for the 1st year of college... and its a family friend that owns the company. Several of his friends work there too, literally digging ditches/trenches.

It will certainly be interesting to see how he handles working on the hottest day of the year, in a hotter than normal summer.
I worked most of my younger life at at RV dealership as a mechanic, a co-worker got mad and quit and went to work for his cousin carrying shingles up on roofs..He lasted a day and came back asking for his job back,

I stand by my opinion that cold 🥶 weather is better than hot 🥵
You can always put more clothes on - you can only take so many off!
If I had to go back and be an apprentice today I’d probably die out there in a trench. No way!

Reactions: markayash
I stand by my opinion that cold 🥶 weather is better than hot 🥵
You can always put more clothes on - you can only take so many off!
I agree, although the pesky “having to breathe” gets in the way when it gets cold enough. You know it’s cold when the icicles start forming in your nose.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree, although the pesky “having to breathe” gets in the way when it gets cold enough.
I counter with having to breathe at 88 degrees and 88% humidity. It's like breathing soup. :ROFLMAO:

(Something about the dew point makes it better, although still hotter at temps above that)

99 degrees at 8:30 pm
Don't think that aerator is gonna do much good over night!
Its all about cumulative effects!
I run mine during the day & get just as good effect as at night. It was 95 here today, gonna be 101 tomorrow, pool is 86 degrees.

Reactions: markayash
Hehehehehe … you all think that’s hot. Around here, we refer to that as “Tuesday” …

IMG_7800.jpeg

Sunday afternoon the start/run capacitor blew out on one of my 3.5 ton AC compressors (we have two of those on the house …) and I couldn’t get a replacement cap until Tuesday morning. Nothing like sleeping in a bedroom when it’s 105F AFTER the sun goes down …

We had a very late summer heat - the overnight temps were still chilly all through mid June. Then, in the last week of June, the temperatures soared up. It’s been triple digits all July and now the summer monsoons season has kicked in making it both HOT and HUMID. Unusually when the summer rains start, the humidity goes up and the temperatures drop. But that is not the case. We’ve had wicked thunderstorms too … got this pic a few nights ago -

IMG_0960.jpeg

My AC units have been running nonstop. Between the heat and the humidity, they can barely keep up.

Then again, they are almost 18 years old soooo …

• Wow
Reactions: newdude and JamesW
We had a very late summer heat - the overnight temps were still chilly all through mid June. Then, in the last week of June, the temperatures soared up. It’s been triple digits all July and now the summer monsoons season has kicked in making it both HOT and HUMID. Unusually when the summer rains start, the humidity goes up and the temperatures drop. But that is not the case. We’ve had wicked thunderstorms too … got this pic a few nights ago -

View attachment 519288

My AC units have been running nonstop. Between the heat and the humidity, they can barely keep up.

Then again, they are almost 18 years old soooo …
If they are like mine and used the old " freon" ( can't remember the numbers ) you due for a replacement. The old stuff cost more then gold

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.