East Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
This is a cheat sheet I am working on for my wife and I to refer to. We are new pool owners, and in less than 30 days will convert to salt. As far as general thoughts on when to test, ideal targets, etc. what do you guys think of this? I can add or take away, change whatever. Just looking to make something that's a no frills, simple sheet for us to go by. I have found the amounts of information on the site to be overwhelming at times. I realize that the testing frequency is different for everyone, so these are just best guess. My wife wanted some basic information on there about each thing, so I gathered what I could and put what I felt would be useful. Some of it may just be flat out wrong, and if it is, please just let me know and I can change it to be correct. We really want to stay on top of the testing and care of our new pool. Also, note: We will be using a water softener on our fill water that comes into our system, so our frequency of testing CH may be different than some. Appreciate any information or suggestions!

Attachments

• Midnight Pool Chemicals.pdf
    203.6 KB · Views: 19
I read through real quick and I see a couple of things. I’m in bed now, but I’ll carve out some time to reply back tomorrow. Just make sure you don’t put the trichlor tabs in your skimmer basket. If you have to use them get a floater. They’re acidic and will cause damage being in your basket.

And Go Gators.

Reactions: LSU
I read through real quick and I see a couple of things. I’m in bed now, but I’ll carve out some time to reply back tomorrow. Just make sure you don’t put the trichlor tabs in your skimmer basket. If you have to use them get a floater. They’re acidic and will cause damage being in your basket.

And Go Gators.
Hahaha, I see you Gator! Okay, I will make not of that on the pucks and skimmer basket.

Reactions: SumOfOneInteger
Muriatic acid gets added with a pencil like stream at a return, not the deep end. Submerge most the bottle for less splashing. I poured chest high like a clown for YEARS. Lol.

Brush well after.

Reactions: LSU
Muriatic acid gets added with a pencil like stream at a return, not the deep end. Submerge most the bottle for less splashing. I poured chest high like a clown for YEARS. Lol.

Brush well after.
Elaborate a bit more so I am sure I am understanding it, lol. Like half submerged and let the acid come out underwater??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Elaborate a bit more so I am sure I am understanding it, lol. Like half submerged and let the acid come out underwater??
Lucky for you, being from Florida, I speak New York. While holding the handle, set the bottom of the jug into the water. Tip gently to only let out a stream the width of a pencil.

Reactions: Newdude and LSU
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.