Mikey0214

Oct 31, 2021
PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Quick question for everyone and I appreciate your responses in advance.

Last year was our first full season with our pool. As expected with a new plaster pool, I spent the season adding MA to lower the PH. Last season I adjusted the CH twice and added liquid chlorine daily to keep the FC in range.

I have the company who installed my pool open and close it for me. I have a mesh cover so the water was a bit dirty when they opened the pool and took the cover off of it. Within a day, the water was clear and I added about 20 oz of MA to bring the PH back down into range. Since then, I’ve only had to add liquid chlorine as everything else seems to be in range.

Below are my full test results as of yesterday. Does anything stand out to anyone as far as my test results and does it seem normal that everything seems to be in range with hardly any adjustment required ?

FC- 4.2
CC- 0
PH- 7.7
TA- 90
CH- 280
CYA- 30
Temperature- 78
CSI- 0.08

Thanks again!

Your numbers look quite good. Since you did recently open, there is always a chance of excessive organics, so you can do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test just to be sure nothing is trying to brew. As always, keep the FC balanced to the CYA as noted on the FC/CYA Levels and you will be in good shape all season long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.