Test results now what

bessanddavid said:
Right today thu fc-7, ph-8.2
put in 8 gal bleach at 2pm will check back soon with an update
Test your pool water this evening for FC. Next, CAREFULLY add enough bleach to bring your pool water to 20ppm. In a couple of hours, test again to find out exactly what your FC is at that time.
Based on your existing FC and your 14000 gal pool, you put in enough chlorine to raise it to 41ppm.

If I understand your previous post correctly the water in the bucket looked clear before you added the chlorine but looked cloudy after adding it. This makes me suspect metals. Add some metal sequesterant to the water and see if it helps.

bessanddavid said:
Good morning to everyone, 8.30 am FC-26 PH-8
w/bear yes the water looked clearer than you would have thought will this harm my
efforts to sustain my FC count.

b/d
If your FC last night (David told me this by phone)was 32 and this morning it was 26, you lost 6ppm overnight to fighting organics.

Secondly, your FC will probably be pretty low this evening....my guess is less than 15. Using bleachcalc, add enough bleach after the Sun is off your pool to bring your FC back up to 20-25ppm.

Test again tomorrow morning for both pH and FC and repeat the procedure exactly as you did last evening.

You don't comment on your water.....How does it look?

David,

I have edited it out of the post above but DO NOT ADD THE ACID.

I forgot that high chlorine levels like you have are giving a false reading for your pH. It's probably in the 7's now

Sorry for my error. If you have already done so, not to worry much.....I calc you'll be down around 7.0 which is okay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.