test results in - could use some help - thanks

anonapersona said:
SwG off speeds that
what is SwG?
i have 400 on phosphates is that trouble?
we bought a $40. jug of PHOSfree two weeks ago and have alot left.

why not use a clarifier? we have half a bottle of ultra bright calrifier also.
I know you guys dont use this stuff but i already bought it a week ago. so i'd like to use it up.

20GT said:
anonapersona said:
SwG off speeds that
what is SwG?
i have 400 on phosphates is that trouble?
we bought a $40. jug of PHOSfree two weeks ago and have alot left.

why not use a clarifier? we have half a bottle of ultra bright calrifier also.
I know you guys dont use this stuff but i already bought it a week ago. so i'd like to use it up.

salt water generator. i left you a message! :)

My error, you don't have salt water chlorine generation. Oops.

I really don't know about those chems, never used them. Got some clarifier that came with the house 3 years ago.I'm still saving it, maybe after a hurricane out something, I dunno. Chlorine clarifies just fine.

Guess I'm kind of a purist, nothing on the pool unless it its necessary and effective. Never found either of those products to be either, necessary or effective.

When you started this thread your CYA was 40 and now it is 100?
That is too high. What have you been using to shock you pool?

How does your pool look now?

Sorry, I just noticed this (CYA#) when you posted back in your other thread about using trichlor tabs.
post293347.html#p293347

If you are still using trichlor or any form of stabilized chlorine, you gotta stop and switch to bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks good to me. Just make sure the FC doesn't get any lower than that, since you're at the minimum. Personally I'm finding that I lose about 4-5 ppm a day currently, so I dose it up to 12 (CYA is 60 ppm like yours) and then it will stay above the recommended value until the next morning.

Hi guys, Things still clear here. using liq chlorine.
I get my chlorine from the local pool place get it tested once in a while for fun.
the lady up there is worried about my TDS 1350. she says the liq chlorine will continue to raise the TDS till you get to 2500 then you have to dump your pool. huh. she wants me to stop using the liq chlorine also because she says in the long run it will eat up my vinyl pool and the TDS thing.

Time to choose if to use pool store advice, or ours here at TFP. One or the other, but not both. What she said is not accurate, you can ignore it if you'll be following the BBB method. If you're going to go with the pool store, you'll have to dump your water soon anyway. The only chlorine source that adds nothing but chlorine and a bit of salt (as all chlorine sources do anyway) is liquid chlorine. There are much bigger problems associated with the other stuff that will be added to your pool if you use anything BUT liquid chlorine.

Strips are junk, I've used them a lot and I will never trust them again. You've set yourself up for not being able to maintain your pool properly. If I used the test strips to adjust my pool nothing would ever be right. The variables are just too wide. When and if you ever do get a proper test kit, run those strips and then run the test kit. You'll never use a strip again when you see how wrong they are.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.