Test results - confused and bewildered newbie!

Thanks guys - I've been testing the chlorine and ph daily adding acid about every other day to keep the ph down. Today's full test results:

PH 8.2
FC 5
Cc 0
CH 650
TA 120
CYA 60

Water is crystal clear. I added more acid today. So here's the dumb questions for today -
where the heck does all this acid go?
Since it's getting warmer, how long do you usually wait after adding acid to use the pool? (Family is freaked out by the amount of acid that is going in!)
Should I be checking my spa separately? I believe it's all plumbed together and when the bubblers and scuppers run, the spa waterfall runs into the pool so the water is being circulated, right?

Thanks guys - I've been testing the chlorine and ph daily adding acid about every other day to keep the ph down. Today's full test results:

PH 8.2
FC 5
Cc 0
CH 650
TA 120
CYA 60

Water is crystal clear. I added more acid today. So here's the dumb questions for today -
where the heck does all this acid go?
Since it's getting warmer, how long do you usually wait after adding acid to use the pool? (Family is freaked out by the amount of acid that is going in!)
Should I be checking my spa separately? I believe it's all plumbed together and when the bubblers and scuppers run, the spa waterfall runs into the pool so the water is being circulated, right?
The acid reacts with the alkalinity. As TA goes down, your acid demand should also go down. 30 minutes circulating should be plenty to mix the acid. If you're in a hurry to get in, use a brush and go one lap around the pool. It'll be mixed well, then. I have my set up so the spa gets maybe 25% of the return flow, which is more than enough to mix things up. If the pool's balanced, so is the spa.

The acid demand is likely due to your plaster still being in the curing phase, I did not spot if you said how old the pool is, but did note you had a test kit from your PB, so I am assuming the pool is reasonably new, this should taper off with time (after the first year).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.