Test my water with

waterbear said:
hairco said:
It is 8.06 oclock here
What time is that in English please? I don't know what time 8 and 6 hundreths o'clock is! And would that be am, pm, or fm?
and i just did a sample of my pool water
and they have really change again.Is there something growing in my pool
or is it the heat and sun? I am going again to put Muratic acid and bleach in.
FC 1
TC 1
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 120
CH 30
CYA 100
There is no way your CYA can increase 50 ppm in the course of a few hours! Is your water cloudy at all?
I know my numbers are right.
The chlorine is a consumable so it does get used up. That is why it needs to be put in daily. However, the CYA should not be changing like that. The only thing I can think of is that your pool is cloudy from algae and when you add chlorine it clears it a bit but then it gets cloudy again. The cloudiness is making you think the CYA is higher than it actually is. We need you to describe what your water looks like in addition to posting the numbers. There seems to be a real communication problem going on here. You are just not providing us with the whole picture. You are a hairdresser so you know that you need to communicate with your client when they sit in your chair so you know EXACTLY what they want. If they say cut my hair and make me blond and you give them a heavy frosting and a pixie cut when what they wanted was a deep gold single process and a chin length swingline bob you know they will not be happy so the first thing you do is question them to find out what they really want. This is much the same except YOU are that client that is really not telling us everything. My comment about the time above is to illustrate what I am talking about. I am sure you meant 8:06 but you did not say am or pm (fm is a type of radio) and the o'clock after the time is not needed but it does show the communication breakdown that has been going on since you started this thread.

There is still some kind of problem with either your testing or what you are telling us. Your CYA reading has been all over the place, 100, 0, 50, 100. Getting your CYA level right is very important. CYA doesn't change like that on it's own and you haven't described either adding CYA or doing a partial drain and refill that I can remember.

Do you have any idea why the CYA level is different almost every time you report a set of test numbers? What are you using to test CYA, test strips or a test with a black dot that disappears as you fill the vial?

I posted last night that i had put the muratic acid and bleach and waited 30 mins.and my CYA it came down to 50 and ph to 7.2 Iam testing with a Tylor K-2005
When i got home tonight i check my pool water and my CYA was back up to 100 but it is had to see the numbers on this taylor K-2005. So i put more muratic acid and bleach like the cacalater said and waited 30 mins. and my husband did my reading which is
FC 3
TC 3
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 130
CH 50
CYA 70
i am going tomorrow and get another kit.

hairco said:
I posted last night that i had put the muratic acid and bleach and waited 30 mins.and my CYA it came down to 50 and ph to 7.2 Iam testing with a Tylor K-2005
When i got home tonight i check my pool water and my CYA was back up to 100 but it is had to see the numbers on this taylor K-2005. So i put more muratic acid and bleach like the cacalater said and waited 30 mins. and my husband did my reading which is
FC 3
TC 3
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 130
CH 50
CYA 70
i am going tomorrow and get another kit.
As far as the CYA test, the K-2005 and K-2006 which has the better chlorine test have the same CYA test. The TF100 has a better CYA test. You might want to read this article from pool school (which I have already suggested that you read and I don't think you have or you would not have gotten a K-2005)
category/pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

Adding muriatic acid will have NO effect on your CYA nor will bleach

What waterbear said, "Adding muriatic acid will have NO effect on your CYA nor will bleach", is exactly right. The only things which will change the CYA level during the swim season are adding CYA (either as stabilizer, trichlor, or dichlor) and replacing water. Have you done either of those things, added stabilizer/trichlor/dichlor or replaced significant amounts of water?

The Taylor CYA test can be a little tricky for some people, but commonly the errors are much smaller than what your are seeing. If you haven't read it before, there are some additional comments on doing the CYA test in this Taylor document.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.