Stoney Creek, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Salt & Swim 3C
Hi I’m looking to pick up a quality test kit but live in Canada. I saw in a previous post from 8 years ago some kits are not available here and the ones that are are pricey. Wondering how much the test kits are costing in the US for a comparison? I can get the Taylor K 2006 kit for around $175 USD. Is that a fair price? Has anyone found another good test kits in Canada (Ontario) that they could recommend?

Hi I’m looking to pick up a quality test kit but live in Canada. I saw in a previous post from 8 years ago some kits are not available here and the ones that are are pricey. Wondering how much the test kits are costing in the US for a comparison? I can get the Taylor K 2006 kit for around $175 USD. Is that a fair price? Has anyone found another good test kits in Canada (Ontario) that they could recommend?
Be aware of the difference between the K2006 kit and a K2006C. The “C” version is a commercial kit with more reagents in it and the other model has very small amounts of reagents and may require a refill sooner.

Reactions: Jer34
Do you live near the border? There are Mail Drop services. Some also have used a forwarding agent.
If the cost you quoted was for the K2006C, that is about $75 more than in USA.

I'm in the process of ordering reagents right now and the replacement cost comes very close to the price of a full kit (K-2006).
I'm considering ordering the K-1004 plus the CH & CYA separately for almost half the prices of either of those first options...
Am I missing something?
Anyone else gone that route?

I'm in the process of ordering reagents right now and the replacement cost comes very close to the price of a full kit (K-2006).
I'm considering ordering the K-1004 plus the CH & CYA separately for almost half the prices of either of those first options...
Am I missing something?
Anyone else gone that route?
The K2006 is not the same as the K2006C. The K2006 has very small amounts of reagents. Be careful what you buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're in Stoney Creek, near Hamilton - a stones throw from the US border. Easy drive to Niagara or Buffalo.
Lots of mail drops in either - and you can stop at Ted's Dogs for lunch a well.

TF-Pro Salt includes stirring device
TF100 Salt plus stirring device
K-2006C plus K-1766 Salt Test plus stirring device

Reactions: Bperry