Test Kits Available in Australia?

Taylor Test Kits and Reagents are available from local pool stores throughout Australia via the national distributor for Taylor products in Australia.
Any product required that is not currently in stock can be special ordered. The distributor is Pool Systems Pty Ltd. Contact details at www.poolsystems.com.au

I'm going to revive this old thread again because I'm amazed and frustrated by the lack of kits available in Australia vs the US. Has anyone had any luck getting hold of something decent like a K-2006 over here? I've followed a few leads but none have lead anywhere. TF-100 would probably be my first choice but that one looks out of the question unfortunately.

Chem Geek - thanks for the Palintest SP 315C suggestion in my previous post... that may be a good option if all else fails.

I'm really pursuing a TF-100 or K-2006 kit to get more accuracy with the chlorine tests (I find it too hard - actually impossible - using DPD1 and DPD3 tablets on a standard comparator). I'm going to follow up on one of the suggested sites mentioned earlier in this thread, but I just have to check with them to see if their 'We ship to Australia' policy includes the K-2006 test kits.

One question I have about international shipping though... does anyone have an opinion about how well the reagents will handle the voyage to Australia. I keep reading about how reagents don't handle temperature changes well, and figure anything shipped from the US to Australia will go through all sorts of warehouses and cargo holds and may be exposed to extreme highs and lows. In practise it's probably not much different to the care and attention they'd get in domestic transit with the USA I suppose... just a thought.

I’m very excited to report I managed to get a Taylor K-2006 kit shipped to Australia!

I did my first test this morning and just being able to accurately measure all the chlorine levels myself. Was amazing. My last experience at pool shops got me FC levels differing from 1.9ppm at one shop to 10ppm at another! I haven’t done any of the other titration tests yet, but I’m sure I’ll be impressed with those as well. Anyway… enough preaching to the converted… let’s just say I have seen the light!

If any other Aussies are interested in a Taylor FAS-DPD kit like a K-2006, I can recommend PST Pool Supplies to send one to Australia. I’m certainly not trying to tempt anyone away from a TF-100 kit, but that’s unfortunately not an option for us so Taylor it must be and PST is pretty much the business that will ship to Australia for some reason (and trust me when I say I Google hard)! Thankfully they turned out to be a great business to deal with, so one is enough in this case!

Link to the page selling test kits is http://pstpoolsupplies.com/water-testing.aspx Shipping costs for the K-2006 plus a couple of extra reagents and a SpeedStir was US$45, which is fairly steep I suppose but that’s the price we have to pay… at least our exchange rate is good so we save a couple of bucks in the conversion. I’ve been told that replacement reagents can be shipped for much less than that so that will be good going forward so it's good to know I'll have a place to get refills in future. My kit came very well packaged in the standard USPS priority delivery time frame – it was exactly 10 business days shipping and that included a public holiday here plus one over there in the US as well I believe. If anyone wants any other details feel free to PM me.

I hope this helps some other Aussie’s looking to free themselves from the Saturday morning pool shop ritual!

Steve.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your best bet is to order the K-2006 kit from Pool Vac Parts in the US. Shipping is US$35 for orders under $150 which allows you to buy some extra reagents at the same time.

No one in Australia seems to currently stock either the TF-100 or K-2006. I tried emailing and calling NQ Pool Test Kits but they were unresponsive and their website indicates that they are out of stock.

I also purchased the Magnetic Stirrer separately from PST Pool Supplies in the US.

It boggles my mind, that a good test kit doesnt seem to be easily available in Australia. Seems to me there would be a good business there for a good reliable kit, regardless of the brand name.

Your best bet is to order the K-2006 kit from Pool Vac Parts in the US. Shipping is US$35 for orders under $150 which allows you to buy some extra reagents at the same time.

No one in Australia seems to currently stock either the TF-100 or K-2006. I tried emailing and calling NQ Pool Test Kits but they were unresponsive and their website indicates that they are out of stock.

I also purchased the Magnetic Stirrer separately from PST Pool Supplies in the US.

Australians buying the K-2006 kit (or any other products) from Pool Vac Parts can receive $25 off their order until the end of February by entering the coupon code “INT25”.

This brings the effective cost of shipping the K-2006 kit to Australia down to a more reasonable $10. Hope this helps someone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.