Temporary water storage?

Briandpeterson

Jun 21, 2021
Iowa
I have a 15' x 52" pool steal sided above ground pool. Two years ago water delivery cost $200 (I don't want to pull 5000 gallons from my well at once).

Some day I have to replace liner... Random thought has anyone used a transfer pump and buy off Facebook a cheap metal frame vinyl pool. Find a flat spot. Don't care if perfectly level. Just close enough. Who cares about damage and sinking. Transfer water. Put in new liner and transfer back.

I see from time to time they go cheaper than $100. Anyone try this, or am I crazy?

A bit crazy...about once a year this question gets asked. No easy answer.

$200 for new water.
$100 for ANOTHER pool, plus a pump to pump it...

Dump the water and have a truck come with new for $200.

Reactions: Newdude and proavia
Where in Iowa are you? Got any farming friends close by? Every farmer up here has 1-6 1500gal plastic tanks for transporting water, liquid fert, etc. Usually on a truck or trailer. Plus that truck / trailer usually has 1 or 2 pumps. 3" pumps is common.

Andrew

This is my kind of jam!
I get it. I do. But I value my time more than the small savings. It'll be hours to set up, and hours to take down and you'll barely save minimum wage for your time. On year 2 or 3 the liner will be too brittle from storing it, if it even worked the first year.