Temporary replacement for a filter air bleed valve/gauge?

Aug 19, 2017
Austin/TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Our filter pressure gauge/air valve was spraying water and then I completely broke it off. Couldn’t find one at pool store so we ordered one online—but it will be about a week and a half. Of course we’d like to keep using the pool and circulating the water. Is there some kind of plug we can use on our pentair filter until the replacement arrives?

You might look at the manual for that filter or call one of the pol supply places online like Inyo-Pools to see if they can tell you the exact nipple/thread size so that perhaps you can get a male plug from your local hardware store to hold you over.

You must be very careful about threading anything other than OEM, or aftermarket, fittings into the tanks of any filter. While very strong, they are still a form of plastic. If the threads in the tank are damaged they can't be repaired. Better to increase your chems and wait. They are not standard fittings anymore.

Good advice and much appreciated. I have been successful holding it closed with my finger for a few mins. Just wondered if there was a pliable rubber stopper or something of the sort that would work temporarily and not damage threads.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.