Serge1978

Jun 28, 2014
Mullica Hill/NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Just want to make sure I understand my equipment correctly…
Jandy 7790 sensor located in the pipe a bit past pump and measures return water temp and air temp and thats what i get on my Jandy RS remote PDA.
Jandy tri sensor measures salinity and temp inside aquapure SWG…located downstream from heater Jandy LXi and thats the temp displayed on Aqualink panel ( temp button next to salinity button)…
Therefore, if the heater is on and not at desired temp yet, the readings can be a few degrees different, right? Pool water returning will be cooler than that coming out of heater and the temp on remote control will be lower than that on the panel?
Pool water 75 this am. Set heater to 85. After a while Jandy RS PDA reads 77-78 and Aquapure panel measures 82-83…i would imagine thats normal?
What about the temp on the heater panel itself? I would think that should be same, or very close to the PDA temp from pool return?

Pool water 75 this am. Set heater to 85. After a while Jandy RS PDA reads 77-78 and Aquapure panel measures 82-83…i would imagine thats normal?

That all sounds correct.

What about the temp on the heater panel itself? I would think that should be same, or very close to the PDA temp from pool return?

Correct.

@PoolGate can confirm.

SWG temp is immaterial. It is only used by the SWG. Temp on PDA is used for heater if the heater is in remote mode. Temp gauge in heater will not be used if heater is in remote mode. PDA temp is what to go by.

Reactions: Serge1978
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.