Calje

Jun 14, 2021
San Diego
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Like many of you, I’m tired of breaking and buying new telescoping poles for brush, net, etc. When I realized I had a painters telescoping pole hidden in the basement with a threaded attachment for rollers I thought it would be an easy task to find an adapter to the V clip. Not so easy can’t find anything online that will work and was wondering if anyone has had any success with this modification.
Thanks

Like many of you, I’m tired of breaking and buying new telescoping poles for brush, net, etc. When I realized I had a painters telescoping pole hidden in the basement with a threaded attachment for rollers I thought it would be an easy task to find an adapter to the V clip. Not so easy can’t find anything online that will work and was wondering if anyone has had any success with this modification.
Thanks
I broke down and bought the ProTuff pool pole a couple years ago. Haven't looked back. Yes it was pricey. But it has a lifetime guarantee. I have not had to take advantage of the guarantee, but from what I have read, they make good on it. I have also purchased their leaf rake, skimmer net, and most recently their pool brush. All have a lifetime guarantee for residential use.

--Jeff

All I have found is this
I believe it does the exact opposite of what you want
Xo de
All I have found is this
I believe it does the exact opposite of what you want
yes, exactly the opposite of what I need! Thanks for your input though.

My brain has been spinning over this dilemma 😵‍💫
I have MacGyver’d a great many pool stuffs but never what you’re proposing.

My paint pole is super sturdy that’s why I’m trying to figure this out. Can’t believe there isn’t an adapter out there. Million $ idea? Haha.

I don't have an answer, but your question inspired me to get out the extension pole I have, notch a paint stir stick and tape it to to the end with painter's tape, and get the holiday lights down (they are on cuphooks under the eaves). This let me get the ones from the gable without a ladder; whole house done in 10 minutes. I know this doesn't help you, but thank you for that!

I also haven't seen any adapter like that. I'd be concerned that the paint pole would have pieces (visible or not) that would rust if immersed in the pool then left out wet.

PXL_20230107_214332062.MP.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I don't have an answer, but your question inspired me to get out the extension pole I have, notch a paint stir stick and tape it to to the end with painter's tape, and get the holiday lights down (they are on cuphooks under the eaves). This let me get the ones from the gable without a ladder; whole house done in 10 minutes. I know this doesn't help you, but thank you for that!

I also haven't seen any adapter like that. I'd be concerned that the paint pole would have pieces (visible or not) that would rust if immersed in the pool then left out wet.

View attachment 468157
Haha happy to help. In fact I was taking down a wreath with mine when it occurred to me! You may be right on the rust but it looks to be aluminum at least on the outside.

I am in the market for a new pole too. I prefer a telescopic pole that is easy and quick to adjust. 12 foot poles are just too short for my 18 X 36 pool with at deep end. Old pole was about 16ft. max. Swimlite Dually 9018 extends to 18 feet. The Yeechun 15ft. is much less expensive and may suit my needs.

Last edited:
When my current hydrotools pole that came with my pool package bites the dust I may go with the ProTuff pole that Jeff mentioned. My current one is pretty lightweight but the collar that adjusts the extension is giving out & it’s always felt a little sketchy when fully extended. I do have concerns that a better quality pole will be too heavy. It’s not something that I use daily so I can ride it out for a while longer - generally I do most of my scooping whilst in the pool with just the net.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.