Teledyne Laars Esc250N spewing water

firepilot

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 26, 2011
Lewiston Idaho
Opened the pool this year and everything is normal... Well except for the stream of water coming out of the botom of our old Teledyne Laars Esc250N. Looking at good minimally evasive replacement options. Currenty the equipment is al installed in a single car garage. I was looking at heat pumps but they seem to need to be installed outside which is a much bigger project.

THis pool heater is pretty expensive to run considering our pools odd shape and not being able to get anyone to keep a solar cover on it. We are in Northern Idaho and have a 18,000 gallon pool as near as I can figure. Current heater is 250,000 Btu.

I would appreciate and help at all.

Thank you

Phil

Show us pics of the equipment space and where the heater needs to fit.

The drain was closed. I'll get pictures of it soon. The heater I have has the outlets on the left side. Every heater I see for sale so far has the them on the right side..

I bypassed the heater to get the pool up and cleaning for now while I get the replacement figured out. We bought the place 15 years ago and it looked ancient then. So I guess we are doing ok.

The heater I have has the outlets on the left side. Every heater I see for sale so far has the them on the right side..

Pentair MasterTemp the top with the control panel can be rotated so the outlets can be placed in any position.

Reactions: firepilot