TC is over 10

Brushpup said:
Good for you Cathy. I knew it would be easier once you drained. You still may have some shocking left but you just about have this sorted out. :whoot:

Thanks Brushup. I am feeling rather pleased with myself at the moment. :party:

Yes, I have a feeling I may have more shocking a head of me. FC was 12 at 10pm tonight. In the morning I will see what the new number is and just keep on with the process :-D

Thanks for your support
Cathy

Ha I'm awake, I'm awake.....I forgot to tell you I do not rise early from my bed :cool:

Yes the sun has come and taken some chlorine.

FC 5.5 that's a bit of a drop from 12
CC 7

Just added more bleach and will repeat process tonight and keep you posted.

Thanks
Cathy

Re:

Catherineb said:
Ha I'm awake, I'm awake.....I forgot to tell you I do not rise early from my bed :cool:

Yes the sun has come and taken some chlorine.

FC 5.5 that's a bit of a drop from 12
CC 7

Just added more bleach and will repeat process tonight and keep you posted.

Thanks
Cathy
This is taking far too long. Don't wait until tonight to repeat the process - check it again in two hours and top off the bleach. Don't let up - algae is a formidable foe. Once it's knocked down, kick it! Again and again and again until it's dead.

jblizzle said:
For CCs, you likely do not even have to wait more than an hour before you retest.

Thanks Jblizzle. I will check in an hour and every hour thereafter. It is hot in Dallas, I expect the FC will drop through the day due to the sun. When it drops below 12 I will keep topping off with bleach and then perform the overnight test and so forth.

I only started the shock process yesterday, I expect I have a ways to go yet. :( but I'm on the right track.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
techguy said:
Your CC is coming down and that is good. Keep up with the FC!

Thanks Techguy.

Test just now 2.45pm
FC 7
CC 1.5 just added 54oz of bleach.

So to understand this correctly. The FC will keep losing through the day in order for the CC to come down. CC now 1.5. I am excited. Keep shock level to 10ppm through day and do the Overnight test. Keep on going!!

JohnN said:
You're almost there. Just keep doing what you are doing. Isn't it a great feeling having control of your pool?

Yes John, it certainly is. I'm so happy :party:

When I think of what I started with. All that Ammonia and Combined Chlorine and not knowing it...ugh. Yes, it took me A LONG LONG TIME to get going on this by myself, mainly because I knew NOTHING and didn't understand ANYTHING.

I now enjoy reading all the forums on here with all the different topics.

I laugh to myself now. I started off with this forum asking about staining (which I still have) I now understand it is calcium buildup due to the fact that my CH was 800+ but, I can live with the stains. I just want my water balance right.

I thank you all for biting your lip and being overly patient with me LOL!!!

Catherineb said:
techguy said:

Thanks Techguy.

Test just now 2.45pm
FC 7

So to understand this correctly. The FC will keep losing through the day in order for the CC to come down. CC now 1.5. I am excited. Keep shock level to 10ppm through day and do the Overnight test. Keep on going!!

Richard320 said:
This is taking far too long. Don't wait until tonight to repeat the process - check it again in two hours and top off the bleach. Don't let up - algae is a formidable foe. Once it's knocked down, kick it! Again and again and again until it's dead.

Actually it isn't as she just started with a nearly complete new fill. She drained mainly because of Ammonia issues and high CYA, not so much because of Algae. She is already down 3.0 on CC from earlier today and that is significant. Making good progress I would say.

Keep the FC up Cathy and you will be home free in no time. :party:

Brushpup said:
Catherineb said:
techguy said:

Thanks Techguy.

Test just now 2.45pm
FC 7

Richard320 said:

Actually it isn't as she just started with a nearly complete new fill. She drained mainly because of Ammonia issues and high CYA, not so much because of Algae. She is already down 3.0 on CC from earlier today and that is significant. Making good progress I would say.

Keep the FC up Cathy and you will be home free in no time. :party:

Thanks Brushpup for clarifying :-D

As the sun went away off the pool, here are my final numbers:

FC 11
CC 1 :whoot:

I have my 3 year old niece spending the night so she will have me up at 7:30am tomorrow which is a good thing. I'm going to rush out to my pool to see if I passed the overnight test.

During the day, you lose FC due to the sun and killing algae. The sun will kill off the CC.

During the dark, no sun loss and the FC works only on killing off the algae and other organics. This is why the night process is important. I don't think CC goes away at night, IIRC.

If you have 1CC at night, I think you will have the same or more in the morning, adding for more algae removal by the active FC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.