Taylor water wheel

BCSB

Gold Supporter
Mar 26, 2023
Wisconsin
Looking at my saturation index I get different numbers on the Taylor wheel than using the TFP math app (assuming I'm using it right). I would guess the app would be more accurate. Anyone else see a difference??
FC 5.5
TA 110
CH 110
CYA 75
Temp 87
Salt 3800

I get about -.25 saturation with the wheel and something around -.5 or a little less with the app. My pool temp varies a little each day and that changes the values some. My pool has always been happy with the TA around 100 or 110. My PH will climb a little over time. I wonder if I should bump the CH up a little and try to get the saturation closer to 0. I haven't bothered with it in the past but I'm using a SWG now.

You don't need any calcium in a vinyl pool. In fact, most with vinyl never bother with CSI.

You need to consider your CYA as 80, there are no "half-ways" because its a logarithmic scale, not linear.

If you dropped your TA some, your pH rise would slow down. High TA "pulls" pH up.

Maddie :flower:

The wheel calculates LSI, PoolMath calculates CSI. CSI includes a few more variables and is generally considered more useful.

That said, I agree with Maddie that it's not a big deal to monitor it closely in a vinyl pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.